Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goal15

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Goal15

  1. Why? This rule makes no sense at all to me. I wish KY would adjust the season length. It is way too short with too many games. For an organization that says they are about the kids, that is not in the best interests of the players. The dead period or start of fall sports should also be adjusted.
  2. Why do you think this isn't healthy? I would think it depends on the culture of the program and the example the older players are setting. And in soccer it is a little different since middle school players cannot play directly with those older players, although they may be around them a good amount. Gotcha on your other point. I interpreted what you said incorrectly.
  3. Bingo. I don't get this "waiting their turn" nonsense. There are no turns. Nobody is entitled to making a team on a given year. The JV kids who would usually be cut at most programs actually get an opportunity to play with the addition of middle school players. Seems to me that giving more opportunities to high school students supports the stance of "high school sports are for high school kids". However I don't think you should start cutting high school kids who can play just for better middle school players. That's different than what we are discussing here though.
  4. I may be wrong but I think Ryle needs middle school kids to fill out their freshman team. As far as I know they always have a good amount of middle school players on that team.
  5. Exactly. Except for a few programs, having middle school players usually gives more opportunities to high school students, whether it's forming a JV team at all or forming a third team (freshman or JV B). It also keeps kids from having to play on 2-3 different teams during the short high school season which puts them at high risk for injury.
  6. Wait...what is the downside again? I don't see how it is a negative to have middle school players play just because they don't attend high school. More players, more opportunities, more kids playing soccer. Seems positive across the board. Please explain.
  7. I think this rule used to be broken all of the time, but now KHSAA is becoming a lot more strict about it and more and more JV teams have middle school players on them. A lot of schools would struggle to field a JV team without middle school players these days. That's sort of why I was asking about the NKY programs. The officials have nothing to do with this. It is the responsibility of the coaches. FWIW, I think the rule is silly to go by grade. It should be by age. There are a lot of kids who are ahead in school or behind in school. So a kid who is a year ahead in school can play varsity as a 13 year old against 18 or 19 year old seniors, but a kid the same age can't play JV as an 8th grader against juniors (some of whom are probably sophomore age)? And what about those sophomores who are actually junior age? No rule would be perfect, but age makes more sense to me.
  8. Don't pay attention to the rosters on KHSAA right now. Once they are unlocked, the KHSAA system automatically "moves up" players from the roster the previous year. A school administrator has to unlock them which is why many schools are listed as not submitted. I would guess little to no rosters are accurate at this time. A question about NKY soccer - is it normal for the NKY programs to have a ton of juniors on JV? I hear Highlands will have about 10 on their JV team. That is a ton and I don't really see that in other parts of the state outside of a few private schools. If anything, the trend is that JV teams are getting younger with the addition of a bunch of middle school players.
  9. Gotcha. I didn't know if this is stressed more than soccer/coaching qualifications. I know in some counties, being a teacher or at least an employee in the school system is a requirement, no matter how qualified someone might be. So I was just curious if this was the case.
  10. I understand that, but the original post seemed to suggest that being a teacher in the high school is the most important quality.
  11. Why is this most important? I would think his coaching qualifications would be most important.
  12. I think the All A this year just proves my point. Collegiate absolutely killed everyone. Just shows the quality and depth aren't there.
  13. Class system in soccer makes zero sense. The quality and depth are not there, and small schools can compete and often beat bigger schools every year. Look at Louisville Collegiate this year. They were one of the best in the state and rolled through the All A.
  14. You can't be serious with this statement. If you are, I got nothing else for you. Yikes. It is 100% clear.
  15. Dude there is video of this goal posted by a Herald Leader media member. Very clear video from a poor angle. If it is clear from that angle it should have been even clearer from the AR's position. The goal scorer was onside well after the ball was played and in front of 2-3 CC defenders. It really was not close.
  16. Nah. No other evidence needed. Let me know when an American sporting event gets close to toping the World Cup in worldwide ratings. Heck even cricket beats out American sports. Nobody likes to decide a game on penalties but the game is far from broken. Funny thing is that high school and college soccer are American bastardized versions of the beautiful game, which the poster uses to claim the beautiful game is broken. I will agree that some high school and college rules are ridiculous. Never understand why we think we can do it better than everyone else. The American way I guess.
  17. Haha check those worldwide tv ratings sometime to see how broken it is. #hater
  18. Well to be fair, it was decided in overtime. The goal Daviess scored was onside by a mile. Awful call by the AR. Glad DC ended up winning.
  19. I can attest to McCracken County's goalkeeper being very good. Not top 5 though, but one of the better ones I saw all year. Daviess County goalkeeper is also very good.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.