Everything posted by frombehindthebench
-
12th Region JV Tournament Results
Wayne only played 1 that gets any varsity minutes and that was the point guard and he is a freshman.
-
12th Region JV Tournament Results
Since Wayne just had to play 3 games I'm guessing that made a difference in the 13 point loss they handed out in the finals? Wayne returned home late from a road trip to Catholic Friday night and then traveled back to Lincoln Saturday morning. If I recall correctly they also beat Catholic, give the program some credit!
-
12th Region JV Tournament Results
Wayne has a bright future! Don't count them out.
-
It's just a holiday Christmas Tournament not the finals of the 12 region.
Nothing like beating Wayne County in December...just better hope you can do it when it counts. Ho....Ho...Ho!???
-
Mercer County 76 Wayne County 66
Are you sold? Big win for Wayne.
-
12th Region Tournament Preview
I think Wayne done pretty well when their starters went out against SW in the district. If you recall Woods fouled out midway through the 3rd and Gillespie was out trying to get the cut to the forehead taken care of. He returned in the 4th to only play a couple of minutes and then took a seat on the bench with Woods. I'm thinking their bench done a pretty good job in that environment. I'll be surprised if any of the games in the upcoming 12th region get as explosive as the 48th district championship. Unless we see these 2 go at it again ::banana:
-
12th Region Draw
I think Wayne will be able to adjust to the officials. They have played and battled all season out of region.
-
Wayne County 86 Southwestern 78 (48th District Finals)
I've watched a lot of basketball over the last 25 plus years and this was one of the worst officiating games I've watched. Both sides were very upset to say the least. I have to give the Cards a lot of credit with Woods and Gillespie both out of the game at the end and their bench really stepped up BIG! The Warriors just couldn't shake those young guys that came in even in such a hostile enviornment. Blevins and Stearns were able to keep the Cards together. I think they are dangerous. Could it be a 3-PEAT in 12th ? Guess we will all see!:wave:
-
12th Region Draw
Lincoln played Wayne early in the season. Tables will probably turn this round.:banana: