Everything posted by quicktalk
-
Preseason Maher Rankings
I realize this list is supposed to be based upon data/analytics, but NKY not represented well, (as usual). NDA ranked 7th in KY is too low. (I would think top 3 for sure) SK and Highlands low on list too.
-
No Soccerama this year?
Anyone have scores?
-
Coaching Changes
Any new coaching changes for next year?
-
Dixie v St Henry Suspended
Please clarify "I guess it is fair to post pictures of the losing team crying on twitter with the hashtag losers" You called out the coaches daughter, so are saying she posted this too? ...You referenced "negative tweets" from coaches daughter,...I searched, maybe what you saw has been removed, but if you are referring to a teenage girl tweeting sarcastically that it was a smart to have the district games at a place with no lights after they had to go back two different times to take Pks, that really isn't all that negative to me??? I would think we could all agree that a teenager might have some difficulties with what occurred. Again maybe there was more, but if that's it, perhaps you should pick on an adult next time.
-
Villa vs Dixie Suspended
There are 5 District games this week scheduled at Villa. All of them are scheduled at 530. I would think that officials availability at 5 would figure into the scheduled time of 530??
-
9th Region Preview
boys have 3 teams. Girls have 4 teams. will take 5 days of one game a day.
-
9th Region Preview
I heard 34th boys and girls will be played at Villa.. If true, games must be starting early since they don't have lights.
-
Newport Central Catholic 4 Lexington Christian 2 (All A State Championship)
State Title??? NCC is a very good team and has won the All A tournament. But is this really considered a state title???
-
Saturday Soccerrama Predictions
Anyone have any info on the BB/Highlands game?
-
Notre Dame 3 Dixie Heights 1
I heard the score was 2-1 well into the second half and a misplay gave nda the third goal. Surprising that Dixie kept it that close for so long.... Off night for nda?
-
Ryle 5 Beechwood 0
The "play by play" at Ryle is over the top. Not only is it non-stop, he sounds like he is announcing at a carnival, he offers opinions on whether plays are good/bad etc, (which he shouldn't), and is often incorrect regarding players names, #'s etc. Games would be SO much more enjoyable without any of it!
-
Highlands 3 Beechwood 0
I'm certainly not a bluebird, but I would imagine that lines could be added as simply as they are put on the grass field. The artificial turf looks narrow to me and may not be suitable for soccer, but not having "permanent" lines on the field is not a valid argument in my mind. Regardless, If I was a Beechwood parent of a soccer player I would not be happy with the "field" the players are forced to play on.
-
Campbell County 1 Notre Dame 0
I'm surprised to hear that a lot of freshman and sophomores are playing for NDA. Is that because of injuries, or are they really better than some upper classmen? Typically NDA has 8 or more seniors...
-
NKY Head Coach and AD Position to be open soon?
Does the AD leaving have anything to do with the New Catholic "Contract"?