Everything posted by TheFan1948
-
St Henry Job Open
Deleted
-
Moeves Boys - Walton - Newport Central Catholic - Covington Catholic
AMEN and very well said.
-
Grant Brannen is the new coach at Walton
Yes
-
Open 10th Region Jobs
I heard that as well, but I also get some rumblings that Brooks' has decided against it. Not for sure, but what I'm hearing.
-
Open 10th Region Jobs
you sure ? I'm getting something different
-
Ron Dawn is the new coach at Newport Central Catholic
Congratulations to Coach Dawn. Wishing you much success.
-
Ron Dawn is the new coach at Newport Central Catholic
Guilty by association is NOT the case here. Talk to the parents (who you all say are terrible) and the players and you'll find out Sturgeon is the only guy they wanted to replace Dan. The Moeves move would be a moot point had he been named HC. He's been successful at all levels he's coached and I get it from VERY reliable sources Trame even said he should be his replacement when he resigned. Dan resigned he WAS NOT fired. So don't judge by mere association! AND as far a short lists, I guess we both will have to sit and watch huh ?
-
Beechwood Job Is Open
Is he interested in moving from WV since Brannen was named?
-
Open 10th Region Jobs
I keep hearing about some guy named Paul Sturgeon from Walton-verona in the mix of the short list. Anybody know anything about him? Is he the same Paul "The Fish" Sturgeon from 1530 ESPN radio?
-
Ron Dawn is the new coach at Newport Central Catholic
No knock on talent, just old and tired answer! New blood brings new things.
-
Ron Dawn is the new coach at Newport Central Catholic
If Brannen is lucky, Coach Sturgeon will stay at WV. He knows all the players, has coached them on the way up and they respond to his style. The only problem is I hear from those in the know that his name is on the short list for a number of local head coaching jobs.
-
Ron Dawn is the new coach at Newport Central Catholic
Ron Dawn, such a tired, old answer............really? He's what you want?
-
Beechwood Job Is Open
Business? What advertising on BGP?
-
Moeves Boys - Walton - Newport Central Catholic - Covington Catholic
Amen.....thank you, you hit the nail on the head.
-
Grant Brannen is the new coach at Walton
No, not always. It's a matter of available space. If there is available space for a student, they MAY be admitted. That is up to the discretion of the administration/board.
-
Grant Brannen is the new coach at Walton
So it sounds like Brannen is not such a good recruiter.
-
Moeves Boys - Walton - Newport Central Catholic - Covington Catholic
This is from the person that is always telling us how many bars he has left on his battery?
-
Grant Brannen is the new coach at Walton
Give me the roster and their home addresses and we'll go from there. Because it sounds like you do know it all.
-
Moeves Boys - Walton - Newport Central Catholic - Covington Catholic
So teacher salaries at parochial schools are low because? Just keep drinking the coolaid!
-
Grant Brannen is the new coach at Walton
That's a cute comment, but the fact is it is a public school and if you live in the district you can attend, for free.
-
Moeves Boys - Walton - Newport Central Catholic - Covington Catholic
So who gets all this money, all the threads I've read here state that the pay at private parochial schools is WAY below public schools. Where's it go .....ROME ???
-
Grant Brannen is the new coach at Walton
I was not saying he is was a cheater at NCC. But look, any kid from ANYWHERE can go to a private school, so you do the math. But maybe WVHS should be concerned, if Brannen left a thriving program for more money, then in the future will he leave a not so successful program for more money too? I say he doesn't last very long !
-
Beechwood Job Is Open
That was who was touring the facilities at Beechwood recently, the current Varsity Assistant at WVHS.
-
Moeves Boys - Walton - Newport Central Catholic - Covington Catholic
I believe it's their business. I see no reason why parents can't send their children to any private school they feel is best for them. \ The other story is if you live in WVHS school district you shouldn't be able to jump from there to Cooper or Gallatin County only at the whim of the parents UNLESS they move to that district.
-
Grant Brannen is the new coach at Walton
It will be a true test, let's see if he has the coaching skills to handle a public school program. It's not the recruiting world he comes from!