Montgomery County 50 Bracken County 31

Final from the second semifinal in the 10th Region.

Mont Co:

Schuler Tipton 11

Keria Lockett 10

Olivia Colliver 10

Erica Rogers 9

Macie Spence 6

Caitlyn Conyers 2

Destiney Taul 2

Bracken Co 31 :

Cassidy Jefferson 10

Emma Conley 6

Bailey Cummins 6

Mallory Bell 4

Allison Tarven 2

Cindy Berry 2

Brooke Woods 1

Mont Co 12 16 13 9

Bracken 11 5 12 3

Congrats to Coach K and his team on a fine season, which we would have seen this matchup with Sticklen. The future is bright for Bracken Co!

Congrats to the Lady Indians! :thumb:

Congrats & thanks to my Lady Bears on another outstanding season! The last three seasons have been very exciting, with a Class A championship in 2009-10 & District championships last year & this year. 09-10 we saw a group of highly experienced seniors. Last year was a young team that got much younger when it lost its only senior halfway through, but saw a star emerge in Sticklen. This year's team I felt was the one that could be very, very special & then we lost Sticklen. But kudos to this group for coming together & making a really nice run! No shame in losing your best player (who was also the region's best player) & then ending your season with a loss to the region's top squad.

We have this same group coming back next year & I cannot wait to see how they progress. The Lady Bears are very scrappy, aggressive & well-coached. And we have a budding star in 8th grader Bailey Cummins. The present & future of Bracken County Lady Bears basketball is bright.

One final note...though they had already played their last games, much congrats & appreciation to seniors Sara Sticklen & Kayla Cummins. Two high-character young ladies who contributed in big ways to this Lady Bears resurgence. Best of luck to both of you & thanks for the wonderful memories! :thumb:

Schyler Tipton becomes the 6th player to lead the Lady Indians in scoring this year. I'm going to bet this is the only team in the state that can say that.

Actually, I believe Bracken can say it too. Kelsch will have to help me here, but I know Sticklen, Conley, Jefferson, Wills & Cummins all did. And I'm pretty sure Mallory Bell did as well.

Actually, I believe Bracken can say it too. Kelsch will have to help me here, but I know Sticklen, Conley, Jefferson, Wills & Cummins all did. And I'm pretty sure Mallory Bell did as well.

Bell led Bracken twice in scoring--at home vs. Montgomery & @ Deming. Allison Tarvin came very close to making it 7.

Bell led Bracken twice in scoring--at home vs. Montgomery & @ Deming. Allison Tarvin came very close to making it 7.

That's awesome!

Another bet lost by me. Maybe it's not as rare as I thought.