Henry Clay 79 Pendleton County 57

Final from Nicholas County. Henry Clay is a very good, very hot team, and Mason Monroe struggled. Good to see Jared Rering playing well, but an overall disappointing result for Pendleton County after a big win over Campbell County.

Pendleton

Jared Rering 16 pts, 9 reb

Gabe Antrobus 5 pts

Garrett Appleman 2 pts

Aaron Gibson 4 pts

Mason Monroe 8 pts

Andrew Antrobus 6 pts, 4 reb

Erik Singleton 11 pts

Jackson Strong 3 pts

Henry Clay

Jordan Greene 21 pts, 7 reb

Teddy Ware 15 pts

Trey Grundy 12 pts, 11 reb

Christen Cunningham 11 pts

Darien Tichenor 6 pts, 6 reb

Wes Kimball 4 pts

Alex Blackburn 4 pts

Jeremiah Tisdale 4 pts

Creed Setzer 2 pts

Sorry, I wasn't there. Just working with what was sent to me. Henry Clay is probably the hottest team in the state right now. Not a bad time to to hold this title.

Two teams with the initials HC riding 13 game winning streaks..hoping both keep it up.

I don't...We play Henry Clay on Thursday.....biggrin.gif

Sorry Goldy, no offense, I like GRC too, but since I'm a history guy, I'm a sucker for a school named after the Great Compromiser, plus the nickname Blue Devils was my high school's nickname.

Jordan Green had 21 points, and Trey Gundy scored 12 and grabbed 10 rebounds in No. 7 Henry Clay's 79-57 victory against Pendleton County in the Shoot for the Cure Classic at Nicholas County. All 15 of Teddy Ware's points came from three-point range.

Jared Rering led the Wildcats with 16 points and nine rebounds.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/12/2065552/high-school-basketball-highlights.html#storylink=cpy