Harrison County 73 Pendleton County 61

Final from the Hilltop.

I always told myself I would never ever blame the refs for any loss. Ever. So I'll just say they left a little to be desired.

That being said, Harrison County also outplayed Pendleton. Dillon Pulliam is the real deal. He is a top ten player in the tenth region. He was the best player on the floor tonight. Pendleton is still waiting on a signature 10th Region win. Frustrating night all-around.

Pendleton Scoring

Jared Rering 8 pts, 7 reb

Gabe Antrobus 10 pts

Garrett Appleman 9 pts

Aaron Gibson 4 pts

Mason Monroe 20 pts

Ethan Moore 4 pts

Bryan Woods 5 pts.

Bottom line...both teams played extremely hard, though neither played particularly well. Pendleton didn't shoot very well. Missed a lot of close-in shots. Hope they don't draw each other in district, but won't bet on it. I think Harrison has a few more offensive options than PC. Without Monroe, they would really struggle to score

The refs weren't bad at all. The foul count was even throughout the game. Seems like someone is making excuses...

Notice I said I'm not blaming the refs, and Pendleton also didn't play well? So I'm not blaming them. Nice try though. An equal foul count doesn't mean the game was called well. Same way an unequal foul count doesn't always mean the game was called poorly.

Did you see the over and back, then walk call, right back to back that Harrison County had that went uncalled? But then the ref furthest away from Pendleton's bench did finally blow his whistle to T up Coach Simms. Did you see Mason Monroe get fouled on three straight drives to the basket in the early fourth quarter? I hate even bringing refs up in post game discussion because it's an easy scapegoat for fans who won't put the blame on their team, and I don't want to be one of those guys. Harrison outplayed Pendleton tonight, and Dillon Pulliam and Caleb Ford are very good players. But the officiating was awful as well.

Bottom line...both teams played extremely hard, though neither played particularly well. Pendleton didn't shoot very well. Missed a lot of close-in shots. Hope they don't draw each other in district, but won't bet on it. I think Harrison has a few more offensive options than PC. Without Monroe, they would really struggle to score

It really will be a shame if these two teams draw each other in the first round.

Its easy to put blame on the refs and the players but when do we finally hold the coaches accountable for their coaching abilities? They aren't going to win until they learn to run an offensive play and learn to rebound the ball, plain and simple! I'm not sure that I understand his method of subbing but obvioulsly it's not working! I enjoy watching this team play but it's been very frustrating. Nice to see Bryan Woods back on the court! I do agree with you NKYThreeFer, the refs were questionable last night but unfortunately its not the sole reason why PC lost last night!

Oo

Its easy to put blame on the refs and the players but when do we finally hold the coaches accountable for their coaching abilities? They aren't going to win until they learn to run an offensive play and learn to rebound the ball, plain and simple! I'm not sure that I understand his method of subbing but obvioulsly it's not working! I enjoy watching this team play but it's been very frustrating. Nice to see Bryan Woods back on the court! I do agree with you NKYThreeFer, the refs were questionable last night but unfortunately its not the sole reason why PC lost last night!

Agreed! At some point it falls back to coaching. A lot of talent on that team. They look completely lost at times

Oo

Agreed! At some point it falls back to coaching. A lot of talent on that team. They look completely lost at times

Let's not turn on the coaches just yet. The same coaching staff took teams deep into the postseason the last two years that had much less talent than this one. Their postseason record speaks for itself. I agree that they're losing games they shouldn't. But I've learned by now not to question Coach Simms, even when I scratch my head at a decision. He's 9-4 in the postseason his last four years, and has won three out of the last four district titles with teams less talented than this one. I think this team will pull it together in the home stretch. Simms' teams usually do.

Let's not turn on the coaches just yet. The same coaching staff took teams deep into the postseason the last two years that had much less talent than this one. Their postseason record speaks for itself. I agree that they're losing games they shouldn't. But I've learned by now not to question Coach Simms, even when I scratch my head at a decision. He's 9-4 in the postseason his last four years, and has won three out of the last four district titles with teams less talented than this one. I think this team will pull it together in the home stretch. Simms' teams usually do.

I'm not turning on Simms. I have much respect for him, just stating the obvious.

It's a 2 team district basically. Not trying to insult Deming or Nicholas but honestly you have a 50-50 shot at winning the distric almost every season. Let's not crown him post season sultan just yet. they are seriously underachieving.

I'm not turning on Simms. I have much respect for him, just stating the obvious.

It's a 2 team district basically. Not trying to insult Deming or Nicholas but honestly you have a 50-50 shot at winning the distric almost every season. Let's not crown him post season sultan just yet. they are seriously underachieving.

I agree with you that they're underachieving. I don't think anyone would argue that. They haven't beaten a good team in the 10th region yet. They have a lot to work on before districts. I just think they'll get where they need to be by then.