Is the EPA Being Treated Fairly?

Clyde

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy it. He may deny it, you may deny it...but if somebody makes a remark like that, they are making an allusion to Jesus. I don't know anybody whose mind doesn't go straight to Jesus when somebody says the word "crucify".

Gotta admit...mine doesn't. When I hear that phrase I think of extreme punishment. Crucifixition wasn't unique to Jesus. It was actually a socially accepted form of punishment (and not always used for death sentences, but for corporal punishment). Maybe it's just because I've studied the socieatal norms of the times. :D

I don't buy it. He may deny it, you may deny it...but if somebody makes a remark like that, they are making an allusion to Jesus. I don't know anybody whose mind doesn't go straight to Jesus when somebody says the word "crucify".

Not at all, it's just a term. My mind didn't go straight to Jesus and I'm a practicing Catholic. Crucifying people has a very long history. He made it clear he was talking about the Roman policy regarding conquered towns.

Gotta admit...mine doesn't. When I hear that phrase I think of extreme punishment. Crucifixition wasn't unique to Jesus. It was actually a socially accepted form of punishment (and not always used for death sentences, but for corporal punishment). Maybe it's just because I've studied the socieatal norms of the times. :D

Not at all, it's just a term. My mind didn't go straight to Jesus and I'm a practicing Catholic. Crucifying people has a very long history. He made it clear he was talking about the Roman policy regarding conquered towns.

Fair enough. Regardless, I'll stand fast by my statement that the EPA is poorly administered, but necessary. Kick out their entire administration and replace them...but we still need a government agency to stop senseless people and businesses in the United States from destroying the environment. You need only take an air sample in Beijing to get an idea of what can happen without it.

Fair enough. Regardless, I'll stand fast by my statement that the EPA is poorly administered, but necessary. Kick out their entire administration and replace them...but we still need a government agency to stop senseless people and businesses in the United States from destroying the environment. You need only take an air sample in Beijing to get an idea of what can happen without it.

Agreed.

I've said it before.

We need an organization that ensures that we remain the good shepherds that we have become. And I honestly believe that we are good shepherds now.

However, we have proven time and again that there are people who will do anything to make a buck if they are not watched. So we do need a watchdog.

But, we don't need the fanatic idealists that we have right now, and we don't need people who can just create laws without having to answer to the electorate.