Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 54 Bracken County 37

Featured Replies

Final from Falmouth. Game wasn't this close. Pendleton was up by as much as 28 I believe. Stats in a few

  • Author

Pendleton scoring

 

Ethan Moore 3 pts, 5 reb

Jared Rering 8 pts

Gabe Antrobus 3 pts, 5 reb

Garrett Appleman 5 pts

Mason Monroe 23 pts

Erik Singleton 5 pts

Aaron Gibson 4 pts

Austin Pyles 2 pts

Andrew Antrobus 2 pts

 

Bracken tried to slow the game down, but they simply didn't have the scorers to compete. The score was 16-3 after one quarter. Pendleton's bench allowed the lead to be cut to 13 with around 2 minutes left. Pendleton re-entered their starters.

Nice win for the cats. They really need to find another scoring option to help out Monroe. Way to lopsided scoring IMO.Someone else needs to step up and they will be very tough at that point.

Nice win for the cats. They really need to find another scoring option to help out Monroe. Way to lopsided scoring IMO.Someone else needs to step up and they will be very tough at that point.

 

Haven't seen Pendleton play all year, but recent box scores reveal to me the problem you just highlighted. Cats have to find more scoring from someone other than Monroe.

 

NKY, any stats for Bracken?

  • Author
Haven't seen Pendleton play all year, but recent box scores reveal to me the problem you just highlighted. Cats have to find more scoring from somewhere.

 

NKY, any stats for Bracken?

 

I don't have any. Crawford and Ray were quiet all night for the Polar Bears though. Crawford had a few free throws, and I believe that was his only scoring. He fouled out with about 7 minutes left in the game. Ray had a couple buckets late. He may have had around 8.

  • Author

In order for Pendleton to have any postseason success, Gabe Antrobus will have to shoot himself out of his shooting slump. I believe he only has eight points in their last four games. Everyone knows what to expect from Monroe, but Antrobus has to be a second scoring option. When he is on, he is the best shooter in the region outside of Prewitt. He must put up 10-15 points per night.

He is the player I was thinking of, after having watched last year's team. Fortunately for him, he has plenty of time to shoot out of that slump.

  • Author
He is the player I was thinking of, after having watched last year's team. Fortunately for him, he has plenty of time to shoot out of that slump.

 

I think he'll be fine. He's a hard worker, and a gym rat. He'll find his shot.

When a team lets you get to the rim as much as Bracken let Monroe and shoot wide open three's he's bound to have that many IMO. I agree on antrobus stepping up as a scorer but I think Rering could be the second best option with his ability to shoot from outside and drive, along with scoring in the paint.

  • Author
When a team lets you get to the rim as much as Bracken let Monroe and shoot wide open three's he's bound to have that many IMO. I agree on antrobus stepping up as a scorer but I think Rering could be the second best option with his ability to shoot from outside and drive, along with scoring in the paint.

 

Agreed. Rering has a nice set of post moves and a good jumper. He just doesn't get many shots.

When a team lets you get to the rim as much as Bracken let Monroe and shoot wide open three's he's bound to have that many IMO. I agree on antrobus stepping up as a scorer but I think Rering could be the second best option with his ability to shoot from outside and drive, along with scoring in the paint.

 

I didn't see the game, so you know more than I do about that. But Monroe also had half of PC's points against GRC. Seems to be somewhat of a recurring problem...and one that needs fixing if the Wildcats hope to make the deep March run that most of us anticipate.

Agreed. Rering has a nice set of post moves and a good jumper. He just doesn't get many shots.

 

How big is Rering?

Haven't seen Pendleton play all year, but recent box scores reveal to me the problem you just highlighted. Cats have to find more scoring from someone other than Monroe.

 

NKY, any stats for Bracken?

 

Here you go:

 

Pendleton Co. 54

Bracken Co. 37

Bracken Co.38520 37

Pendleton Co.16161111 54

Bracken Co. -- Ray 15, Crawford 2, Hamilton 6, Jefferson 4, Fighte 3, Florer 6.

Pendleton Co. -- Rering 8, Monroe 22, G. Antrobus 3, Moore 3, Gibson 4, Singleton 5, Pyles 2, A. Antrobus 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329/latest-boys-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=142262242797485&RecordID=11681&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=38#storylink=cpy

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.