Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Softball

Featured Replies

Really? Why do you think this? Nothing against the coaches daughter, but the McElhinny girl is a stud and I would have pitched her in any game that meant something. However, in all fairness I have seen the McElhinny girl pitch but not the other girl. Were they comprable as far as pitching and athleticism?
Well, going into the first round game Oldham was 15-0 in the region and had already beaten Spencer earlier in the year 6-0, unless he was planning to pitch the Mcilhinny girl all 3 games that would be the game to pitch her. The Leanhart girl is a very good pitcher. Don't like the wording and implication, if he had said he pitched his #2 it would have been better.
  • Replies 36
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, going into the first round game Oldham was 15-0 in the region and had already beaten Spencer earlier in the year 6-0, unless he was planning to pitch the Mcilhinny girl all 3 games that would be the game to pitch her. The Leanhart girl is a very good pitcher. Don't like the wording and implication, if he had said he pitched his #2 it would have been better.

 

No problem with me to pitch the McElhinny girl all three games if they got that far. Not like they were all played on the same day. JMO.

No problem with me to pitch the McElhinny girl all three games if they got that far. Not like they were all played on the same day. JMO.
Coach took Oldham from a 12-16 record to 27-9 and was named 8th region coach of the year, no reason to question his decisions in my opinion. Oldham scored only 1 run that day against the best pitcher in the region anyway. It just wasn't their day. As for players to watch in the region, I would go with the returning all 8th region players and fill in from there:

Ginn-Walton

Galvan-South Oldham

Leanhart-Oldham

Morgan-Simon Kenton

Vaughn-Henry County

Seng-Gallatin County

Coach took Oldham from a 12-16 record to 27-9 and was named 8th region coach of the year, no reason to question his decisions in my opinion. Oldham scored only 1 run that day against the best pitcher in the region anyway. It just wasn't their day. As for players to watch in the region, I would go with the returning all 8th region players and fill in from there:

Ginn-Walton

Galvan-South Oldham

Leanhart-Oldham

Morgan-Simon Kenton

Vaughn-Henry County

Seng-Gallatin County

 

But didn't McElhinny shut Spencer County out the first time they played? Just sayin.

 

I do agree with the girls on your list and would add the Gregg girl from Walton.

But didn't McElhinny shut Spencer County out the first time they played? Just sayin.

 

I do agree with the girls on your list and would add the Gregg girl from Walton.

You could very well be right, if he made a mistake my guess is that it would have been overconfidence. I have not seen enough of the 2 girls to know if there is that much difference, if there is any at all, I do know their pitching records were almost identical.

Even though oldham co. had a good record last year, there was alot of stuff going on behind the scenes that most people didn't know was happening. OC is one of the most talented teams in the region. If they can keep outside influences from effecting them they will be the team to beat this year.

You could very well be right, if he made a mistake my guess is that it would have been overconfidence. I have not seen enough of the 2 girls to know if there is that much difference, if there is any at all, I do know their pitching records were almost identical.

 

I hear what you are saying and again I have not seen the Leanhart girl pitch so I could be off, but I have seen McElhinny pitch quite a few times and she is very very good. Was very impressed with her each time I saw her. She dominated the times I have seen her and I thought she was a complete stud. Must be nice to have two pitchers of this caliber.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.