Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East

Featured Replies

^ It's a joke that we measure success by "BCS Bowls." As long as they continue to maintain this ludicrous system, I'll continue accord the system the amount of resect it deserves: derision and laughter. The notion that a Big East team somehow damages the integrity of the BCS bowls is absurd because it's a system devoid of integrity. I hope Louisville goes to the Orange Bowl -- win or not -- and the Big East will be more than happy to take the paycheck, the exposure and the fancy patch on the shoulder. I'll worry about whether or not they'll take away the auto-bid when the time comes.

"To those who scoff at U of L having a shot at a BCS bowl by virtue of playing in the Big East, I have one response: Your team can apply to join the league tomorrow. They’re taking applications."

- Eric Crawford, in Sunday's Courier-Journal

 

Every city paper's sports editor deserves to have a snarky homer to write opinion pieces for them. He's the best part of the C-J these days.

My team is one victory away from earning one....:D
UK is a lot further than one victory away from getting into a BCS bowl.

^They aren't my team in football, never have been. I've been a Michigan fan since I was 10. :lol:

^They aren't my team in football, never have been. I've been a Michigan fan since I was 10. :lol:
I'll never understand the separate teams in college depending on sport. It always seems pretty convenient...

Sorry to disappoint. I was raised as a UK basketball fan, my dad never really followed college football, so I didn't have a team growing up. Michigan was always on TV and I liked their uniforms, plus Charles Woodson, so I hopped on the bandwagon. :lol: :idunno:

I'll never understand the separate teams in college depending on sport. It always seems pretty convenient...

 

To add, what exactly has been convenient about Michigan football in the last 10 years? :lol: They've pretty much been dreadful for the past decade.

How is Michigan going to get a BCS Bowl? At their best they're the third-best team in the Big Ten.

  • Author
I'll never understand the separate teams in college depending on sport. It always seems pretty convenient...
I understand that. I am one, as well. I am a Duke basketball fan, and a Louisville football fan. I am kind of a mutth in regards to a hometown. Born in Brooklyn, NY. Lived in Ft. Lauderdale, here, and Bowling Green.
How is Michigan going to get a BCS Bowl? At their best they're the third-best team in the Big Ten.

 

Because Michigan State and Wisconsin are going to play in the Big Ten title game, which will knock one of them out with 3 losses. That opens the door for two loss Michigan to take one of the 4 at-large spots.

^ Flippin' realignment...

 

Totally forgot that there is a Big 10 championship game.

Because Michigan State and Wisconsin are going to play in the Big Ten title game, which will knock one of them out with 3 losses. That opens the door for two loss Michigan to take one of the 4 at-large spots.
Not if they lose to OSU

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.