Betsy Layne 63 Prestonsburg 59

Final.........

Blackcats miss 6 free-throws in final 1:20

Funny thing was...Prestonsburg hadn't shot a free throw in the second half until midway through the 4th quarter.

Great win for Brent Rose and Betsy Layne. :thumb:

Funny thing was...Prestonsburg hadn't shot a free throw in the second half until midway through the 4th quarter.

Great win for Brent Rose and Betsy Layne. :thumb:

Yeah Pburg never got to go to the line even though the BL players knocked out half of the Pburg players everytime they got the ball by throwing elbows.

Terrible job by the refs. Did anyone at the game see when Brennan Case had the ball at the top of the key and then started to dribble and tribbed himself and a foul was called on Lewis Barnette who was down low? TERRIBLE!! :mad:

What do expect from the Hall brothers (Shawn and Mike). They are TERRIBLE! I was fit to be tied last night.

Betsy Layne is a really really good team, and very capable of beating Prestonsburg. However, Prestonsburg FOLDED in the 4th. The refs didn't help any but Prestonsburg has to learn to help themselves. They are a senior led team, but not all of them are experienced in the big game. When Prestonsburg grows up a little bit, they will certainly make a run come tournament time.

I saw Shawn Hall call Monday night at Pikeville and I thought he did a good job. If your opinion is unbiased maybe they had a bad night. But, missing 6 free throws in the last 1:20 of the game and losing by 4 can't be blamed on the refs. So I think you are right the Blackcats need to rely on their experience and play through the bad calls when the refs are having a bad night.

I saw an interview with a college football coach this year. And the media was asking him about pass interference calls that wasn't being called. His response was, "We can't worry about the calls we have to catch the football. My players shouldn't be officating they should be playing football." I think alot of players need to see that interview. Seems like these days players worry to much about calls not be called and try to officiate instead just playing.

I saw Shawn Hall call Monday night at Pikeville and I thought he did a good job. If your opinion is unbiased maybe they had a bad night. But, missing 6 free throws in the last 1:20 of the game and losing by 4 can't be blamed on the refs. So I think you are right the Blackcats need to rely on their experience and play through the bad calls when the refs are having a bad night.

I saw an interview with a college football coach this year. And the media was asking him about pass interference calls that wasn't being called. His response was, "We can't worry about the calls we have to catch the football. My players shouldn't be officating they should be playing football." I think alot of players need to see that interview. Seems like these days players worry to much about calls not be called and try to officiate instead just playing.

And fans are more concerned about calls that don't go their way than what their team did or did not do that had more to do with the outcome of the game.

Complaining about the refs is so lame!