Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Points records

Featured Replies

I will get some agreement and some dissent but Towles is the best QB that I have seen at Highlands. His weapons are great but he isn't surrounded by once in lifetime guys like Smith and Hamblen. Additionally, he runs the ball so well. Finally, he's allowed to audible which shows you what Coach Mueller thinks of his intelligence.

 

I also think Towles is the best quarterback I have seen at Highlands. He combines size, arm strength, running ability and intelligence. You just couldn't ask for more. Also, I think the points record will fall this Friday.

I have only seen a few highlands QB's but I have to say that Towles is the most talented High School QB I've ever had the pleasure of watching live. I hate that they beet JC but it was great to watch him will them to that win last year.

 

As far as the points record I would like to see what percentage of those were scored in the first half of games as opposed to the second half? Just curious if they really back off in the second half like everyone says they do?

  • Author
The KHSAA indicates Highlands has scored 765 points at present.

 

Even better!

I have only seen a few highlands QB's but I have to say that Towles is the most talented High School QB I've ever had the pleasure of watching live. I hate that they beet JC but it was great to watch him will them to that win last year.

 

As far as the points record I would like to see what percentage of those were scored in the first half of games as opposed to the second half? Just curious if they really back off in the second half like everyone says they do?

 

I bet 75%-80% were scored in the 1st half...That is just crazy!!

I have only seen a few highlands QB's but I have to say that Towles is the most talented High School QB I've ever had the pleasure of watching live. I hate that they beet JC but it was great to watch him will them to that win last year.

 

As far as the points record I would like to see what percentage of those were scored in the first half of games as opposed to the second half? Just curious if they really back off in the second half like everyone says they do?

 

Never gave it much thought, but I'd guess 80%. First team was generally out at halftime or after the first series of the third quarter in the Mason, Pendleton, Harrison and Holmes games. Scores of those games: 295-8.

A quick check shows 533 in the first half and 232 in the second half. So that rounds up to 70% in the first half. Birds got 33 in 2nd half against Dixie (26 in 3rd Q) and scored 28 in the 2nd half of the last 2 games played. Almost all of the other 3nd half points were scored by the 2's and 3's--can't tell them not to score when they get a chance to play. By the way, that 533 1st half points is an average of 41/game.

This teams focus in the 1stQ has been scary. Boyle Co. and Elder held them to 7 pts, CCH 0(only team to shutout the Birds for a 1st half quarter) and Johnson Central gave up 12 so in the other 9 games they scored 259 pts. in the 1stQ--overall 285 for ave. of 21.9. When you throw in the 248pts and 19.0 for the 2ndQ I guess that explains the 7 1st. half and 2 2nd half

running clocks we've seen this year. Great job young men, stay focused for 2 more weeks.

807 points and 115 touchdowns both Kentucky single season team records

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.