Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County 54 Clay County 12

Featured Replies

I'm not sure, but I believe Rockcastle has the tie-breaker advantage and is now the district champ. Congratulations.

  • Author

Not sure either, but there is still a week to go in the regular season and teams can still get those points...but I do think Rock has the edge as of right now.

Apparently there was some 'extra curricular activities' right near the end of the game.

Rock will lose two players for the next two games.

Did Clay Co. lose some players as well?

When Garrard County played Clay County on opening night of the season I was impressed with Clay. They were solid on both sides of the ball and seemed primed for a good season. Very surprising to me to see how poor they've actually been.

I'm not sure, but I believe Rockcastle has the tie-breaker advantage and is now the district champ. Congratulations.

 

You are correct I believe. I don't agree with it but that is something with the KHSAA. Knox Central beats them the week prior and then Knox loses to Russell, but Rockcastle gets the #1 seed. But congrats to Rock!

You are correct I believe. I don't agree with it but that is something with the KHSAA. Knox Central beats them the week prior and then Knox loses to Russell, but Rockcastle gets the #1 seed. But congrats to Rock!

 

 

You leave out the part that Rock beat Russell, and thus it's a 3 way tie. Russell could easily complain just as much if Knox won it.

I'm not sure, but I believe Rockcastle has the tie-breaker advantage and is now the district champ. Congratulations.

 

Wow this one is crazy a very competitive district.

You leave out the part that Rock beat Russell, and thus it's a 3 way tie. Russell could easily complain just as much if Knox won it.

 

Just think it is crazy that's all. Just the same way I think it is crazy that teams are 0-10 can make a playoff while teams are 6-5, 5-5 are sitting home, but that is another thread. But again congrats to Rock, hope you all do well in the playoffs.

  • Author

If Rockcastle County beats Montgomery County on Friday, the Rockets won't have to worry about who has done what for Russell County since Montgomery County has five wins for five Rock points, which would replace them with either Pulaski County or Whitley County since both of those teams a HUGE underdogs in their games this week.

 

That is if I am reading things right according to the KHSAA 3-Way Tie-Breaker link on their page http://www.khsaa.org/football/2011/tiebreakercalculations.htm

Just think it is crazy that's all. Just the same way I think it is crazy that teams are 0-10 can make a playoff while teams are 6-5, 5-5 are sitting home, but that is another thread. But again congrats to Rock, hope you all do well in the playoffs.

 

So how would you do it? Surely you can't just make it the team with the best record, then you would encourage 4a teams to load their schedule up with terrible 1a teams out of district.

So how would you do it? Surely you can't just make it the team with the best record, then you would encourage 4a teams to load their schedule up with terrible 1a teams out of district.

 

I know of no other way to do it. I surely don't like the method where they add up points scored. That just encourages blowouts.

I'm a KC fan and yes, it's disappointing but KC had the opportunity to control their own fate and came up a bit short. So be it. Really, I like playing Boyle in the first round. It's a good measuring stick of where our program is now. Would rather have played them at home...........

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.