Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prater Retires at Lewis County

Featured Replies

Long time Lion football coach Corky Prater announced his retirement as LC football coach earlier this week. He gave great time and effort to the athletes at Lewis County and will be greatly missed.

I know he means a lot to that community. I wish him the best with the time he will now have free.

Long time Lion football coach Corky Prater announced his retirement as LC football coach earlier this week. He gave great time and effort to the athletes at Lewis County and will be greatly missed.
Was he the head coach?

Never heard of Lewis County, Man I have to get out of JC some.

Coach Prater did a great job and cared about the athletes that he worked with. He was an asset to the school system in Lewis Co. and I am sure he will be missed!

 

Good luck Coach!

Who will most likely replace Coach Prater ? Is there an assistant who will be the front-runner ?

What kind of program is Lewis County?

Lewis County is a good program for their area. Lewis County is located between Mason County and Greenup County on the Ohio River. It is a very rural county and community. They are always mildly competitive (2A school) who usually finishes around 5-5, 4-6. They play in the same district as Russell, Fleming County and that crew so really good seasons are few and far between. I cannot remember the last time they have made the playoffs. I do know that Coach Prater has been at Lewis for a LONG time and has kept the program competitive. The job would be one that requires a LOT of work. I know that the coach has to raise all of the funds for the football program themselves. As far as I know, the school does not give them any funds.

Corky is too young to retire! I remember playing American Legion baseball against him and I am too young to retire. :D

 

Corky was a great all around athlete and an outstanding catcher.

Corky is a great man and coach. I thought he retired a few years back and then when they could find no one that wanted the job they convinced him to return. Maybe they will do the same again. If not I wish him the best of luck at whatever he decides to do. Coach........Great job!! You will be missed on the sidelines

  • Author

Coach Prater is Lewis County football. He was a great athlete at LC. He earned a football scholarship to EKU as a QB and also was an All OVC baseball player for EKU.

He took two Lion teams to the playoffs in '84 and '93.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.