George Washington (WV) 18 Ashland 14

Birdsfan

Very good game. GW was about what I expected, good team speed and physical play. I'd bet they got a lot more for their trouble than they were expecting. Ashland's line played well again on both sides of the ball and looked improved over last week's performance which is great news for Ashland still a few games from going into district play. Ashland could have, and probably should have won the game tonight, a little more discipline and the game would have been theirs. And I'm not talking about the last minute-thirty they had the ball at the end of the game, I felt the Cats had their chances during the game and squandered them away. The Ashland defense overall was much improved from last week too. Holding GW to 18 was no easy chore. Not getting the win always hurts but it was still all good news for Ashland tonight.

Very good game...Ashland could have, and probably should have won the game tonight, a little more discipline and the game would have been theirs...Not getting the win always hurts but it was still all good news for Ashland tonight.

There is more fight in this group than I realized. I hate the loss, but was proud of the Tomcats tonight.

I didn't get to see this game last night due to a death in my wife's family, but I did get to listen to a little bit of it. Ashland played much better than I expected. Ashland's defense seems to be much better than I was willing to give them credit for after the 1st two weeks. I look forward to seeing this team play the rest of the year, and seeing how just hood good they might be.