Russell County 30 Whitley County 0

cammando

And Whitley County was ranked #10 in 5A this week. That probably says a lot about the state of 5A football this year.

As for Russell County, that's shaping up to be a pretty nice district race, along with Knox Central, Rockcastle County, and Clay County.

I think it says alot more about how good Russell County can be, the Britt kid is the real deal and he can big play you to death. Whitley is extremely you with a Sophmore QB and at one time had a Freshman in there and to SOph running backs. Just like a lot of teams they will get better by playing a tough schedule if they can survive it.

The Britt kid is unbelievable. He followed up his first week showing of 350+ yards and 5 touchdowns with 229 yards and 3 td's on 16 carries tonight. His TD runs tonight were of 79, 46, and 51 yards. He can take it to the house anytime he touches it. I don't beliebe anyone in Russell's new district has enough speed to stop him consistently.

Toug, Tough, Tough night for the Col. faithful. RC was simply fantastic. Britt could not be stopped I tip my hat to him. Our youth showed all night and were not able to take away his cutback lanes. Outstanding cutback runner. we have got to get better. I personally thought WC was going to be soild this year I think we still can be, but we have to keep our head up and keep working. Although most of the WC faithful knew RC would get thier points never thought RC defense would shut down our Offense. he OL has got to get thier blocks better. Overall, WC has got get fired up and get after it. Never the less give credit where it is due. Keep your head up Colonels and Coaches. Get back to work we are behind you! I hope the Lakers have a great year. Well deserved win. 5A looks down a little with at least three in the top 10 getting their chops smacked.

Whitley moved the ball well but had serious problems in the red zone, seven trips zero points. Bryant is as good a fullback as you could want, but the Colonels lack the speed that they have had in the past three or four years. The line did a good job but when your backs are so in getting to the hole you are going to have problems. As the young ones mature as the season goes along they will get better and the team will improve as a whole.

Russell has a dynamite back and a lot of teams will have problems stopping them, and they need to develop more options in the offense to make Britt even more effective.

I agree with you observations Blazer. The Varsity speed of the game I think is something the younger kids will get used to. They seemed a step behind all night. Think the OL needs somemore work. I do think the Col. will get better. Stalling the Red Zone is a youth issue IMO.

Coach Black will get the boys going in the right direction.

Even though getting thrashed and shutout is bad there were some good performances and lots of good things to build on, many of the times Whitley was stopped it was by their own mistakes, which can be corrected. Whitley has some athletes they just have to mature a little bit and thing will look alot better.

Even though getting thrashed and shutout is bad there were some good performances and lots of good things to build on, many of the times Whitley was stopped it was by their own mistakes, which can be corrected. Whitley has some athletes they just have to mature a little bit and thing will look alot better.

We did not help ourselves that is true. As time goes on I know those things will be corrected. I still think we will have a good season. Just have to keep our heads up and focus on the little things and fundamentals, ex. ball control.