Russell 2006 will they make it two?

I dont think Russell needs luck. This year i think we proved to a lot of people that we had the skill and determination to make it all the way. With many outstanding players coming back, it wouldnt be a long shot at all. More comparable to a 2 foot putt. (Not too far out of reach).
:dancingpa :fire: :banana:

I dont think Russell needs luck. This year i think we proved to a lot of people that we had the skill and determination to make it all the way. With many outstanding players coming back, it wouldnt be a long shot at all. More comparable to a 2 foot putt. (Not too far out of reach).

I wouldn't say it was like a two foot putt. Even though Russell has had many talented teams that were capable, it was 27 years between state titles. Eight semi final losses during that time to eventual state champions. Tough losses in other years that have hurt just as much when they had a chance.

I think Russell will have an excellent chance next season but it will be anything but easy. There are many talented teams that want to win a championship just as much. To reapeat will take a tremendous effort and alot of hard hard work. In the off season and when next season plays out. Talent alone is no gaurentee, so lets not take anything for granted. Work as hard as you can and do your best. Hopefully the results will be the same as 2005.

Our Devils will play the whole 2006 season with an extra feature to the uniform... a big bullseye target. We will surely get everyone's best game of the season as what better motivation for an opposing team than to beat a defending state champion. I know our guys can respond accordingly, however, there can be no let down. All of our guys could benefit from the winter weight lifting program as well as participation in spring track. If they take care of business, and we get a ball to bounce our way occasionally, then another trip to the carpet should definitely be an attainable goal. I can't wait for kickoff!

It takes a lot of things to go right. Timing, strong play, matchups, etc. For example Russell's 2002 and 2004 teams MIGHT have been better but did not make it to Louisville. The 2005 team made all the plays and got the job done at the right time. That is why they are STATE CHAMPS!!!!!

It takes a lot of things to go right. Timing, strong play, matchups, etc. For example Russell's 2002 and 2004 teams MIGHT have been better but did not make it to Louisville. The 2005 team made all the plays and got the job done at the right time. That is why they are STATE CHAMPS!!!!!

I agree. Plus there is some luck involved. We went into the State Championship very healthy. Match-ups are a big key. I definately think we will get to hold the region game at our location though.

I think Russell is a really good team with the ability to repaet, but they didn't exactly blow out alot of people in the post season, add that with the bullseye and I don't think they will repeat probably will make it to the final 8 or 4 but someone will knock them off.

2004 they blew everybody out until they lost in the semis. Blow out wins mean very little if the teams you beat are not very good. I think the teams Russell played in the playoffs this year were much improved. Being pushed in some close games only helps IMO.