Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky High School Home Runs

Featured Replies

Are home runs down at your school and around the state. If so , is it the rain-outs or the bats. Does anyone know who is leading the state in home runs ?

It isn't the bats as they are the same as last year. The new bat rule doesn't go into effect until next year on the HS level.

John Saylor from Rockcastle Co. has 18 I believe.

It isn't the bats as they are the same as last year. The new bat rule doesn't go into effect until next year on the HS level.

 

Thats not true...there are a lot of composite bats that aren't legal this year that were legal last year.

  • Author

We played in a tournament this weekend and the ump threw out several bats. The people I talked to said 2 piece composite bats are no longer legal because they had a trampoline effect on ball !!!

John Saylor from Rockcastle Co. has 18 I believe.

 

That is a huge number, how far ar the home fences at Rockcastle Co.

That is a huge number, how far ar the home fences at Rockcastle Co.

 

I don't remember the exact numbers to the fence, but they have a pretty good size field.

Bats must be BESR certified.

 

Some of the BESR bats are illegal this year.

That is a huge number, how far ar the home fences at Rockcastle Co.

 

If I remember correctly from my days keeping the book for the Rockets, down the lines is somewhere between 310-320, alleys are somewhere between 335-345 and centerfield in close to 355-375. Don't harp on me for not having exact numbers since I haven't been to a game since 2005 but those numbers are what I vaguely remember.

I think the Saylor kid from Rockcastle has 17, but most of them have been on the road. This is pretty impressive considering they have played less than 25 games.

I think the Saylor kid from Rockcastle has 17, but most of them have been on the road. This is pretty impressive considering they have played less than 25 games.

 

I heard that he had around 18 before the game against Harrison, which I'm not sure of, I just heard that. He added two more against Harrison to whatever total he had. I sure would like for him to add to the total this next week at districts and for the team to get some W's because of it.

Through 31 games this season, Somerset has 37 home runs. All nine starters have gone yard the past two years.

Somerset's field is the largest in the 12th region at 375' center, 345' power allies and 320' down the lines.

Through 31 games this season, Somerset has 37 home runs. All nine starters have gone yard the past two years.

Somerset's field is the largest in the 12th region at 375' center, 345' power allies and 320' down the lines.

 

Very impressive number of home runs. Home field dimensions is the perfect size for high school. Well, at least for now. May need to move them in next year with the change in bats.

.

Through 31 games this season, Somerset has 37 home runs. All nine starters have gone yard the past two years.

Somerset's field is the largest in the 12th region at 375' center, 345' power allies and 320' down the lines.

Add to more to the count (39) as the Jumpers hit 2 more HRs tonight against Southwestern

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.