Rockcastle County 13 Harrison County 2

Wow! Harrison has been ruled in back to back nights. When was the last time this has happened. I've followed the 10th region pretty close over the past years and I can never remember this happening. I'm sure Coach Mac will right the ship before District, but their last two losses have really surprised me.

Harrison is really struggling at the plate and in the field right now. I am sure Coach Whitaker will get the ship righted, but I am not convinced that it will sail very far.
Is there anything behind the scenes going wrong in Cynthiana? This has been a very odd year for Harrison County baseball coming off last season and having the talent they always have. Has Coach lost this squad for some reason?

Is there anything behind the scenes going wrong in Cynthiana? This has been a very odd year for Harrison County baseball coming off last season and having the talent they always have. Has Coach lost this squad for some reason?

I don't think anything is wrong. I think expectations were tempered a bit after losing 2 senior pitchers, one of which had won numerous amounts of big games since his freshman year. Now that they are playing some quality competition consecutively it is starting to catch up with them. They still have some quality talent and experience but had many holes to fill from last years team, including the entire infield. It will be interesting to see if they can get it together and make a run in the region and possibly beyond.

I was really proud of the intensity of the Rock players in that game. They never let down, even when they got the lead. Behind junior Ben Lake's pitching, John L. Saylor hitting two homeruns, Zach Reams' homerun and a pretty good overall offensive effort was a lot of defensive plays by everyone including an excellent play in center field by Josh McKinney that saved a couple of runs. Ben is no super pitcher, but, he won't walk many on a team and will make them become hitters. Great job by the Rocket team! I did hear that Harrison had played several games leading up to this one and that they were a little understaffed in pitching by the time they came to Mt. Vernon which probably contributed to some of the game's final decision.