Bardstown 2011

Ram

• 4 weeks later...

What does Bardstown need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

I haven't heard that much about the football team over the years , but I do know that Bardstown is the home of , Rooster Run General Store and the Jim Beam Distillery . Is Bardstown a 1A school ?

I haven't heard that much about the football team over the years , but I do know that Bardstown is the home of , Rooster Run General Store and the Jim Beam Distillery . Is Bardstown a 1A school ?

There used to be 1A, but have been in 2A for several years now.

Actually, Jim Beam is up the road in Clermont, thankfully, so I can keep some distance between myself and their rot-gut signature line (their higher-end brands are pretty good, however). The Heaven Hill and Barton lines are here in town, though.

As far as the Tigers go, if they can avoid the two-year injury bug that has wracked the team, they should be positioned for a very good year. They also figure to appreciate the realigned district, trading Danville for CAL, DeSales and Shawnee.

Actually, Jim Beam is up the road in Clermont, thankfully, so I can keep some distance between myself and their rot-gut signature line (their higher-end brands are pretty good, however). The Heaven Hill and Barton lines are here in town, though.

As far as the Tigers go, if they can avoid the two-year injury bug that has wracked the team, they should be positioned for a very good year. They also figure to appreciate the realigned district, trading Danville for CAL, DeSales and Shawnee.

Thanks for the correction. ( Sounds like you know your liquor ) :thumb:

Fun fact : Bourbon County is a dry county and Christian county is a wet county ,what's up with that ?

I'm sure they are happy to see Danville off their schedule . I agree !

Thanks for the correction. ( Sounds like you know your liquor ) :thumb:

Fun fact : Bourbon County is a dry county and Christian county is a wet county ,what's up with that ?

I'm sure they are happy to see Danville off their schedule . I agree !

It's less about losing Danville as it is about having two fewer games to have to schedule against 5A and 6A teams, really. Those pre-district games against schools like John Hardin and Warren Central were taking their toll on a small roster, leaving the Tigers very undermanned for district play. Last year when they played D'ville they had to start a RB at QB because they were so beat up.

I do know my liquor, though ... :D

Lets not forget about Makers Mark.......

Hold on now!! Maker's is in Loretto, KY (Marion County), but the barrels are housed in Nelson, Washington and Marion. As the old saying goes, "Them's fightin' words right there!" in regards to saying Maker's Mark is in Nelson County. :)

It's less about losing Danville as it is about having two fewer games to have to schedule against 5A and 6A teams, really. Those pre-district games against schools like John Hardin and Warren Central were taking their toll on a small roster, leaving the Tigers very undermanned for district play. Last year when they played D'ville they had to start a RB at QB because they were so beat up.

Hey Jim, Do you know if Danville and B-Town are on regular season schedule to play each other this coming season?

I don't think they have played either John Hardin or Warren Central since 2008 season.

I don't think they have played either John Hardin or Warren Central since 2008 season.

Trading them out for other large schools during the past two years, such as Bullitt East, North Hardin, Marion Co., Hopkins Cent., etc.

Hey Jim, Do you know if Danville and B-Town are on regular season schedule to play each other this coming season?

The B'town-D'ville series is on temporary hiatus. I was told they tried to get a non-district game lined up, but could match schedules. Look for them to try again in two years, as folks at both schools talk about how much they enjoy the rivalry.