Lloyd Memorial 6 Dixie Heights 5

In district Seed Game, Lloyd comes up big!

Sophomore, Addison Brown started and went 6 1/3 giving up 4 hits and striking out 7. (3 hits in the 2nd inning and 1 in the 7th)

Junior, Brady Asher hit a 2-run home run to put the Juggs in front.

Lloyd had 16 hits to Dixie's 6.

Lloyd also turned a triple play in the 5th inning.

Dixie came back in the 7th to make it a close game, but Lloyd closed the door with the tying and winning runs on base.

As I have said before High School Baseball is the most difficult game to predict a winner of any of the major High School sports. Congrats to Brady Asher who followed an excellent pitching performance against Beechwood with an excellent offensive performance against Dixie.

I hear the triple play came with bases loaded!

yep... I think it was an HBP, unintentional/intentional walk to Sexton, and an E that loaded them up. I could be wrong on a little bit of that.....

Then the line drive toward the middle that the ss snagged, he stepped on 2nd and threw to 1st...... Bang, Bang, Bang

Sexton came up in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs and the tying run on 2nd and the Juggs decide to intentional walk him putting the winning run on 1st base. They walked Sexton 4 times today, 2 being intentional. Risky move by Mr. Moore but in the long run it paid off not pitching to Sexton who has 3 homeruns in a 5 game span.

Sexton came up in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs and the tying run on 2nd and the Juggs decide to intentional walk him putting the winning run on 1st base. They walked Sexton 4 times today, 2 being intentional. Risky move by Mr. Moore but in the long run it paid off not pitching to Sexton who has 3 homeruns in a 5 game span.

I think he was intentionally walked once, unintentionally-intentionally walked twice and grounded out to ss one time. It was a risky move, for sure. First base was open, but he was the winning run.

The 4 hitter behind Sexton had been silent all game, so I guess pitching to him was the better option.

Good coaching.