Clark County 56 Oldham County 39

I was one of the so-called 'experts' who picked GRC to beat Oldham badly and got bashed for it. Looks like my 'expert' prediction wasn't too far off though... even though I (nor likely anyone else on this site had seen all sixteen teams play enough to live up to someone else's standards of quality).

First Congrats to Oldham Co for having a great season and winning the 8th region. To be in the Sweet 16 is a goal hard to reach, be very proud.

GRC did not have their "A" game today. Not a good first quarter for the Cards, give credit to Oldham for that. Second quarter they settled down and held Oldham to only 2 point in the second quarter. Glad Cory Rogers played well, got player of the game...all on his birthday today.He was a beast inside today and Oldham had no answer for him. He had 26 points, Bopper Stenzel, didn't score, but had six assists and three steals, with only one turnover. Bopper know his role and plays it so well.

Daniels did not have his regular game, he will need to step up the next game. Though that Charlie Rogers , Purvis and Martin all did well off the bench today. Good to see all of the Cardinal players get to play in the state tourney today.

Glad to meet ColonelMike today. Also so glad to finally meet stepscalled. We have been friends for over 2 years and finally got to meet in person today. So glad to see and talk with my friend Bubba Wilson. Hope you enjoyed watching my Cards today. Had a great time going out to eat after the game with Westsider. Always glad to see you and talk b-ball.

Hope to see/meet more BGPer's before the tourney is over.

Edited by gold sunrise

Sweet Sixteen: Birthday boy Rogers scores 26 to lead Clark County past Oldham County, 56-39

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/16/1672986/sweet-sixteen-birthday-boy-rogers.html#ixzz1GoFtSFPT

110316ClarkVsOldhamcb301.aurora_standalone.prod_affiliate.79.jpg

Clark Co.'s Corey Rogers, who celebrated his 18th birthday today, waved to the fans after they sang happy Birthday to him as the game neared the end as Clark Co. played Oldman Co. on the opening day of the PNC/KHSAA Sweet 16 Boys' State Basketball Tournament

Corey Rogers will never forget his 18th birthday.

Rogers marked that day Wednesday by scoring 26 points and grabbing six rebounds, leading second-ranked Clark County to a 56-39 rout of Oldham County in the opening game of the PNC/KHSAA Boys' Sweet Sixteen in Rupp Arena.

The Cardinals also got 10 points, six rebounds and three blocks from 6-9 Western Kentucky signee Vinny Zollo. Robbie Stenzel, a 6-4 Eastern Kentucky recruit, had seven points and four rebounds. Travis Purvis, a 6-7 senior off the bench, had eight points and six rebounds. Jaylen Daniel, a 6-6 senior, had four points, two rebounds and three blocks. Bopper Stenzel, a 6-foot junior and the lone non-senior among Clark's top six, didn't score, but had six assists and three steals, with only one turnover.

While the Cards shot 23-for-47 (48.9 percent) from the field, they held Oldham to 14-for-46 (30.4 percent). In the first half, the Colonels shot 5-for-23 (21.7).Tyler Wesely, a 6-4 junior, led the Colonels with 11 points and eight rebounds.

What a great of fans from Oldham Co. Met some great folks, and it was a pleasure watching the game with them. Congrats to Oldham for winning the 8th and having a great year.

Good win for GRC. Lot's of bright spots as some of the nervousness of playing in Rupp showed. Corey Rogers was just amazing today. (happy Birthday to him). Lots of other great plays and bench support for the Cards!

I was one of the so-called 'experts' who picked GRC to beat Oldham badly and got bashed for it. Looks like my 'expert' prediction wasn't too far off though... even though I (nor likely anyone else on this site had seen all sixteen teams play enough to live up to someone else's standards of quality).

You did pick us to win big.:thumb: Glad you were right and always respect your input. Look forward to your predictions in the GRC/Eastern thread.

Also look forward to ColonelMike's take on this game.