Another CP Thread - Taking My Football and Going Home

^ Then don't sign the richest QB contract extension in NFL history at the time.

That was in 2005. You don't know what was said as he was signing it. Brown could have made promises about the future direction of the organization that haven't come true, or he has failed to meet. Either way, it doesn't matter what he signed then. What matters is how much he is willing to walk away from to get away from Cincinnati. Think about how bad something must be to leave $50 mil. on the table.

That was in 2005. You don't know what was said as he was signing it. Brown could have made promises about the future direction of the organization that haven't come true, or he has failed to meet. Either way, it doesn't matter what he signed then. What matters is how much he is willing to walk away from to get away from Cincinnati. Think about how bad something must be to leave $50 mil. on the table.

Carson has failed to meet his part too.

I was reading an article on SI.com or one of the other 10,000 sports sites and in the comment section a poster had one of the greatest comments I've seen about the whole situation....

Carson Palmer would rather retire than play for the Bengals.....didn't he retire 4 years ago? Look at his numbers, seems to me like he did.

Carson has failed to meet his part too.

Then the club can release him from the contract if they don't like it. Only one of them think the other didn't live up to their end of the deal.