Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Virginia Tech 64 Duke 60

Featured Replies

Duke will be with BYU or San Deigo St....Mark it Down........

 

If BYU is the last #1, and Duke is the first #2, what would be off with that?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say BYU can make as good if not a better case for the 1 then Duke. I am not sold on BYU and think Duke is the better team but on paper Duke is nothing special.

This year, it seems no one is SPECIAL, however if Irving comes back, Duke has an opportunity to be the class of the NCAA again.

Puke always gets a candy draw in the NCAA Tourney look at last year and a Mid Major almost beat them on a last possesion of the game!

Go Big Blue!

 

Let's look at last year.....how many top 25 rpi teams did Duke beat to WIN the TITLE? How many did UK win to NOT do it?

Let's look at last year.....how many top 25 rpi teams did Duke beat to WIN the TITLE? How many did UK win to NOT do it?

 

WVU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baylor

Let's look at last year.....how many top 25 rpi teams did Duke beat to WIN the TITLE? How many did UK win to NOT do it?

 

WVU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baylor

 

I'll help you out...

 

 

Ark Pine Bluff - 183

California - 20

Purdue - 16

Baylor - 9 (ROAD GAME)

WVU - 4

Butler - 12 (ROAD GAME)

I'll help you out...

 

 

Ark Pine Bluff - 183

California - 20

Purdue - 16

Baylor - 9 (ROAD GAME)

WVU - 4

Butler - 12 (ROAD GAME)

 

Not to take anything away from Duke but lets not pretend that Baylor wouldn't have beaten them if it wasn't for two terrible calls late that went in Duke's favor. The home teams in numerous studies have an advantage because of officials. Baylor had no advantage from officials in that game. Also give me a break with the home game for Butler. How many Butler season ticket holders were able to snag final four tickets after Butler reached the tfinal four?

^ I was there, and everyone, but the Duke fans were rooting like crazy against Duke.....it was a home court type of advantage.

^ I was there, and everyone, but the Duke fans were rooting like crazy against Duke.....it was a home court type of advantage.

 

Just because people were cheering for the underdog doesn't mean they are Butler fans. I was cheering for crazy against Duke too and I'm far from a Baylor fan I just wanted the "little guys" to win. The main point is home court advantage comes from refs. The refs didn't help Butler and they hurt Baylor big time.

Just because people were cheering for the underdog doesn't mean they are Butler fans. I was cheering for crazy against Duke too and I'm far from a Baylor fan I just wanted the "little guys" to win. The main point is home court advantage comes from refs. The refs didn't help Butler and they hurt Baylor big time.

 

I couldn't disagree with your post any more than I do. Main point in home court advantage comes from the refs??? Seriously man? That was the most hostile crowd Duke could've possibly faced. That and the Baylor game were as close to road games as they could've played in the tournament. I was there for the Final Four games and that whole arena was against Duke.

I couldn't disagree with your post any more than I do. Main point in home court advantage comes from the refs??? Seriously man? That was the most hostile crowd Duke could've possibly faced. That and the Baylor game were as close to road games as they could've played in the tournament. I was there for the Final Four games and that whole arena was against Duke.

 

Just because people don't like Duke it doesn't mean they were Butler fans. It wasn't at either teams arena to my knowledge. There is research saying the refs help home teams and that's the biggest advantage for the home team. There was just an article in SI recently but I can't find it right now.

^I was there my man, you were not. It was a very hostile environment. IT's ok, Duke won the title, REGARDLESS, of your opinion as to how difficult it was. No one beat as many top 25 RPI teams in the tourney than Duke.

^I was there my man, you were not. It was a very hostile environment. IT's ok, Duke won the title, REGARDLESS, of your opinion as to how difficult it was. No one beat as many top 25 RPI teams in the tourney than Duke.

 

Duke won the title and nobody else can say that. They had the ending to their season that other teams dream about and fight for and they deserved it.

Just because people don't like Duke it doesn't mean they were Butler fans. It wasn't at either teams arena to my knowledge. There is research saying the refs help home teams and that's the biggest advantage for the home team. There was just an article in SI recently but I can't find it right now.

 

Whether they were rooting for Butler or rooting against Duke doesn't matter, it means the same thing. It wasn't at either teams arena but it was in Butler's city. When St Johns plays at the Garden is that not a home game for them? Sure the home team usually gets more calls but that is far from the biggest advantage of being the home team. For one they are in a friendly and non hostile environment and don't have to travel as far if at all. You can say whatever you want, but Butler and Baylor were playing in friendly environments while Duke played in very hostile environments and had to travel way greater lengths in both of these games.

Whether they were rooting for Butler or rooting against Duke doesn't matter, it means the same thing. It wasn't at either teams arena but it was in Butler's city. When St Johns plays at the Garden is that not a home game for them? Sure the home team usually gets more calls but that is far from the biggest advantage of being the home team. For one they are in a friendly and non hostile environment and don't have to travel as far if at all. You can say whatever you want, but Butler and Baylor were playing in friendly environments while Duke played in very hostile environments and had to travel way greater lengths in both of these games.

 

You can ignore the research if you want I tend to like it. I think a bigger advantage to being at home is being used to the arena. In neither instance had the "home" team played regular "home" games in the arena. Traveling in 2010 to me is the least amount of disadvantage. Oh well, like I said Duke loses to Baylor if they didn't get big calls from the refs, but they got the calls took advantage and won every game. They deserved to be champs.

You can ignore the research if you want I tend to like it. I think a bigger advantage to being at home is being used to the arena. In neither instance had the "home" team played regular "home" games in the arena. Traveling in 2010 to me is the least amount of disadvantage. Oh well, like I said Duke loses to Baylor if they didn't get big calls from the refs, but they got the calls took advantage and won every game. They deserved to be champs.

^ You have no idea about that either. Baylor may have had a better opportunity to win the game, but players still have to make plays, and Baylor clammed up at the end. Which isn't surprising considering the circumstances.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.