Bishop Brossart 54 Lloyd 35

The Bishop Brossart varsity basketball team traveled to Erlanger Monday night and used balanced scoring and solid defense to beat the Lloyd Juggernauts 54-35 on Lloyd's Senior Night. Zach Fardo led Brossart with 15 followed by Austin Trentman and Justin Saunders with 12 each. The Mustangs are 14-9 now and travel to Mason Co. Tuesday for a varsity only game. The junior varsity lost a close game to Lloyd 41-36 despite 11 points from Alex Trentman and 9 from Drew Burns.

Lloyd has had a solid year and much better than recent history. I didn't see their JV this year but I did some individual talent in the frosh and 8th grade class that leads me to believe that they'll be good again in a few years.

Lloyd is not very good at all. Cheatum is all they got and he is lazy at times.

I don't even think they will get by St Henry unless Cheatum carries them on his back.

I'll rather just say congratulations to the Mustangs on righting the ship after a little rough patch following the All "A", despite missing a starter in a very physical game. The Jugs play very hard and have some outstanding athleticism. I see better days ahead for both clubs!!

Lloyd is not very good at all. Cheatum is all they got and he is lazy at times.

I don't even think they will get by St Henry unless Cheatum carries them on his back.

The fact the Lloyd had outrebounded Highlands something like 14 boards in a recent outing was cause for concern, as well as playing them on their home floor.

We take all of our opponents seriously, and in most cases are capable of beating nearly anybody on a given night, or losing to anyone on a given night. Dylan Dierig didn't score a point tonight, but negotiated the Lloyd pressure and forced numerous turnovers.

The correct JV score was 51-46 with Lloyd the winner.

My commentso weren't meant to downplay the victory sorry if it sounded that way. Winning by 19 on the road is impressive enough. Oh and I gotta believe the Birds were outrebounded by more than 14 last week as they almost let their 14 pt halftime lead turn into a loss.

My point was Lloyd is just not very good. They are coached well and play hard but are limited on talent. I do think Cheatum has a ton of upside and can ball when he wants to.

Congrats Stangs on getting the ship righted. Good luck next week vs the Camels.