Ryle 80 Fern Creek 44

Ryle's pressure defense was too much for Fern Creek from the start. Ashley Cheeseman led Ryle with 24 pts. She set the school record for hitting 8- 3 pointers tonight breaking teammate, Abby Jump's record of 7 in a game. Jenna Crittendon chipped in with 11 pts, 11 rbds, and 6 assists. Abby Jump had 13 on Senior Night. Ryle improves to 19-5 on the season.

Fern Creek Center, Tiona McCune led the Lady Eagles with 15 pts, and 5 blocked shots.

Ryle's pressure defense was too much for Fern Creek from the start. Ashley Cheeseman led Ryle with 24 pts. She set the school record for hitting 8- 3 pointers tonight breaking teammate, Abby Jump's record of 7 in a game. Jenna Crittendon chipped in with 11 pts, 11 rbds, and 6 assists. Abby Jump had 13 on Senior Night. Ryle improves to 19-5 on the season.

Fern Creek Center, Tiona McCune led the Lady Eagles with 15 pts, and 5 blocked shots.

Who are Ryle's seniors? Congrats to Ashley on the new record....8 is more than I have made in my lifetime, practice included.

Cheesman may be Ryle's best player.

Not sure it matters who is the best of the best. That stuff is for end of season speculation. Whomever delivers in the crunch time will be the one who is the best. They do have a whole bunch of girls who can make a case though.

Cheesman's ability to get to the basket is impressive and is helped by her deadeye from long range. The game I watched she didn't even start. What does that tell you about this loaded Ryle team?

And monkeys may fly out of my butt! LOL

I hear she has been playing well lately, but IMO she isn't Ryle's best player by any stretch of the imagination.

Obviously most would state she isn't Ryle's best player.........................but a strong case can be made that she is the most improved, and getting better all the time. If I'm correct she started the season with some sort of injury that limited her playing time. But if you look at Ryle's last 10 games she has certainly come on strong. She is averaging 15.9 PPG over that stretch which is easily Ryle's tops over that stretch. She has shot 49.0% from the floor with only Jump's 50.6% bettering that among the Ryle starters. She has shot 46.6% on 3's which is a team best in that stretch and has just one less 3 in that time than Jump. Ashley has also attempted and made the most free throws for Ryle in that stretch. All that is pretty strong!

I hope Shockey will forgive my use of stats :D but they do sometimes give a different picture than what most might perceive!

I won't argue Ashley as Ryle's best player but I will say that I think she is the most improved and, IMO, the key to their chances in the post-season.

Thanks Frank:) I have stayed away from the end of this thread for obvious reasons. We love Ashley and what she brings to our team. Without a doubt Ryle's most improved. She has and I'm sure will continue to bring it every night. Incredible game Saturday night. If she wouldn't have gotten her arm stepped on she might have had more:)