36th District Tourney

Does anyone know when the draw is for the 36th district tourney? Might Highlands and Newport decide that they would like to seed this years tourney or is that not really an option. Would definitely benefit both as NCC is definitely the cream of the crop this year in the 36th on both the boys and the girls side of the ledger.

Does anyone know when the draw is for the 36th district tourney? Might Highlands and Newport decide that they would like to seed this years tourney or is that not really an option. Would definitely benefit both as NCC is definitely the cream of the crop this year in the 36th on both the boys and the girls side of the ledger.

Can they seed this district? I don't think they all play each other.

Highlands and NCC always vote for seeding. Newport Bellevue and Dayton always vote against it.

Newport is the swing vote in this district if there is such a thing. But unless they feel they can consistently be a one seed why vote for seeding if you are Newport? Being a 2 or 3 means you are playing either Highlands or NCC every year in the district tournament.

Highlands and NCC even went as far as to propose splitting the regional money equally amongst the five schools if they would vote to seed and that still did not produce the one more necessary vote. Personally I think this now has become so ingrained how the five schools vote I do not see anyone changing a vote any time soon. And in reality Newport would be the only one who would remotely consider. And trust me this vote does not come from coaches.

Highlands and NCC even went as far as to propose splitting the regional money equally amongst the five schools if they would vote to seed and that still did not produce the one more necessary vote. Personally I think this now has become so ingrained how the five schools vote I do not see anyone changing a vote any time soon. And in reality Newport would be the only one who would remotely consider. And trust me this vote does not come from coaches.

The only chance this district has of being seeded is if KHSAA jumps in and decides to seed all districts in the state and I do not see that happening anytime soon.