New weather forcast for Friday's games

Xtiger69

I just watched WDRB- Fox 41 weather and much colder weather than expected is on the way for Friday's playoff games. The temperatures at game time will be in the teens with a low of 13 expected. Who does this favor? What with the effects be on passing,kicking etc.? I think the scoring will be way down on Friday and turnovers up!

I just watched WDRB- Fox 41 weather and much colder weather than expected is on the way for Friday's playoff games. The temperatures at game time will be in the teens with a low of 13 expected. Who does this favor? What with the effects be on passing,kicking etc.? I think the scoring will be way down on Friday and turnovers up!

I just saw the same forecast. WDRD is the only station calling for those extreme temperatures on Friday. Let's hope he's wrong. I don't own enough clothes!!!

I do think that cold weather favors the running game as receivers hands are so numb that they don't catch the ball as well. The QB can't grip it as well either.

Just checked the weather channel and FoxNews on line and they both are calling for low of around 28 and high of 42. Two key factors. Saturday's forecast is for a high in the low fifties on the weather channel, so Friday night might noy get the low that occured early morning. Second factor, no mention of wind in the forecast. Temps in the mid thirties without wind are pretty pleasant. Two years ago this game was played in freezing rain/snow and twenty MPH winds. We should see nothing like that Friday.

Just checked the weather channel and FoxNews on line and they both are calling for low of around 28 and high of 42. Two key factors. Saturday's forecast is for a high in the low fifties on the weather channel, so Friday night might noy get the low that occured early morning. Second factor, no mention of wind in the forecast. Temps in the mid thirties without wind are pretty pleasant. Two years ago this game was played in freezing rain/snow and twenty MPH winds. We should see nothing like that Friday.

I don't think they have been updated. Plan on very cold conditions Friday night.Tenns with snow flurries.

Thanks, but I hope you are wrong. :thumb:

I hope I am wrong as well. First of all I don't want to sit out in that cold of temps. Secondly I think extreme cold takes away skill factors in a game and luck becomes more of a factor. The underdogs should benefit from this on Friday.

The most accurate forecast you will find on the internet. Unlike weather.com, this one uses short-range models. Check it out.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Bowling+Green%2C+KY

The link is for Bowling Green. Should be a nice evening, but it'll get chilly when the sun goes down before kickoff.

Watch WDRB weather tonight. Friday high-23 low-13 snow flurries.

Watch WDRB weather tonight. Friday high-23 low-13 snow flurries.

It's very hard to be a weatherperson in the Ohio Valley. I checked out http://www.accuweather.com for Bowling Green. It's posting for Friday high:52 and Low:32 with partly sunny skies during the day. When it gets down to the freezing level a couple of degrees does not make a difference. But accuweather.com has no memtion of snow flurries from thurs-sat.

It's very hard to be a weatherperson in the Ohio Valley. I checked out http://www.accuweather.com for Bowling Green. It's posting for Friday high:52 and Low:32 with partly sunny skies during the day. When it gets down to the freezing level a couple of degrees does not make a difference. But accuweather.com has no memtion of snow flurries from thurs-sat.

I've long said that being a weatherman is the only job you can have where you can continually be wrong and keep your job. :flame: