Greenup County Basketball?

Alot of views on this post but no replies? In the last 5 years the coaching has been better but some people wanted them gone way before this point. Why is this year any different? Too much talent on the court to be getting beat the way they are. Really love going to watch the Musketeers play win or lose but it has been hard this year!!

I have posted on this subject in several other threads but the #1 problem starts with coaching. With the athletes that GC has, they should have been the top team this year in the 16th.

The principal's companion is the coach's Aunt, thus the hire, despite several much more qualified candidates.

The players are not in shape!!! In the second quarter against Ashland, the players were gasping for breath as they were bending over and pulling their shorts. The Tomcats were able to ring up 38 points in the quarter after a 15-13 first quarter.

Greenup has by far the easiest schedule this year in the region. :bunny::bunny:So, when they put up a string of wins, people that are not knowledgeable of the situation might think that the coach didn't do too bad.:eyeonyou:

Dunaway:walk:

I have posted on this subject in several other threads but the #1 problem starts with coaching. With the athletes that GC has, they should have been the top team this year in the 16th.

The principal's companion is the coach's Aunt, thus the hire, despite several much more qualified candidates.

The players are not in shape!!! In the second quarter against Ashland, the players were gasping for breath as they were bending over and pulling their shorts. The Tomcats were able to ring up 38 points in the quarter after a 15-13 first quarter.

Greenup has by far the easiest schedule this year in the region. :bunny::bunny:So, when they put up a string of wins, people that are not knowledgeable of the situation might think that the coach didn't do too bad.:eyeonyou:

Dunaway:walk:

Also to go along with what the duck says if you think about it Greenup is the only school in the 116th region that has two feeder schools or middle schools feeding players into it. So that should be a major advantage.

I agree with you Duck but why don't the parents go to the athletic director and say something? Don't really know the new athletic director but I watched him walk out with about 5 minutes to go against Ashland. He should have walked over and fired the coach after the game was over. Everybody I have talked to not all from Greenup say that he should be let go. They have watched him coach or I mean set on the bench and the team is not prepared at all.

Greenup County's remaining schedule::bunny:

West Carter should be the only remaining bump in the road. If GC pounded the ball inside and was in good enough shape to play man defense, they shouldn't have a problem with West. However, they won't and they're not.

Feb 4, 11 Raceland home :bunny: 7:30 PM

Feb 5, 11 West Carter away 7:30 PM

Feb 8, 11 South Point, OH away :bunny: 7:30 PM

Feb 11, 11 Boyd County away :bunny: 7:30 PM

Feb 15, 11 Rose Hill Christian :bunny:away 7:30 PM

Feb 17, 11 Lawrence County :bunny: home 7:30 PM

First of all, I fully admit that I have Not kept up with the region basketball this past couple of seasons like I usually do. Having said that it seems that although GC people said that things were going to really change after some administration changes that not a whole lot has. GCHS's football coach seemed to have things going in the right direction, some controversey came up with him and he left. Now it has been said that there was controversey from the very start with the basketball coach with some protesting hisi hire and now calling for his job. Again, imo some have forgotten it is supposed to be about the kids :idunno::irked:.

I apologize if this offends anyone, I have some good friends that are GCHS fans and are doing things an wanting things done the right way. I have to say though that at GCHS it is the more things change, the more they stay the same......I had one fan say it, GC athletics has long had the name around the area as the "McKelll" Musketeers. Untill things really change at GC they will always have these same problems over and over. JMO

Good luck to GCHS basketball :thumb:. From the way things seem you have some prety good kids and after all that is suposed to be what it is all about.