Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The futility of the Mike Brown Era.

Featured Replies

What is Detroit's playoff record during this time. I do not recall them making it at all. But we are talking almost 20 years, so I might be missing one.

 

If we're including 1991....The Lions are 1-6. If we start with 1992, they're 0-5.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The 1992 season was the 1st in Mike Brown's tenure. Only the Detroit Lions (109) have fewer wins than the Bengals (112).
Those win totals include the '91 season for the Bengals but not for the Lions...
Those win totals include the '91 season for the Bengals but not for the Lions...

 

Brown has 115 career wins as owner of the Bengals. Looks like '91 should have been included in my numbers.

Paul Brown died in August of '91 and from what I've seen most people consider 1991 the beginning of the Mike Brown Era. No team* has a worse record than the Bengals during the Mike Brown Era.

 

 

*this of course excludes expansion teams and the Cleveland Browns

 

I remember that day like it was yesterday I was at my cousin's house in Florida on vacation reading the sports page where it said he had died I new it was going to be bad but not this bad I wish the Brown family would sell out.

  • Author
Brown has 115 career wins as owner of the Bengals. Looks like '91 should have been included in my numbers.
:thumb: :thumb:
Anyone care to guess who has the best record during the Mike Brown Era?

 

Wow. Good question. You would think NE, or Indy. I will go off the board with Green Bay.

  • Author
Wow. Good question. You would think NE, or Indy. I will go off the board with Green Bay.
All wrong. All are in the top 5 though.
Anyone care to guess who has the best record during the Mike Brown Era?

 

Is it Denver?

 

The Patriots are probably the best team in the 2000's, but they were pretty bad in the early 90's.

  • Author
Is it Denver?

 

The Patriots are probably the best team in the 2000's, but they were pretty bad in the early 90's.

Nope...but they are the 4th team in the top 5.
Is it Denver?

 

The Patriots are probably the best team in the 2000's, but they were pretty bad in the early 90's.

 

Good guess, I think the NY Giants have won 3 superbowls in his tenure so they may be up there.

It almost has to be Pittsburgh. Another that is probably up there is Philadelphia.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.