The futility of the Mike Brown Era.

I have been discussing this in another thread and I thought such futility deserves it's own threa. Here is what was said by me in the other thread. I'm mainly comparing records of other NFL franchises during the Mike Brown era.

During the same span (Mike Brown Era) the Raiders are 140-180-0 and the Bengals are 115-204-1; an average of 1.25 more wins each year.

I can't back this with facts right now but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals have the worst record of any NFL franchise during the Mike Brown era.

WOW...the only team I was worried about has six more victories during that span. Can anyone guess the team?

I'll tally all the numbers up later if I get time, but I feel good about my statement.

This is how bad the futility is in Cincy. The Baltimore Ravens in five less seasons have 13 more wins than the Bengals during the Mike Brown era.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 1992 season was the 1st in Mike Brown's tenure. Only the Detroit Lions (109) have fewer wins than the Bengals (112).
Paul Brown died in August of '91 and from what I've seen most people consider 1991 the beginning of the Mike Brown Era. No team* has a worse record than the Bengals during the Mike Brown Era.

*this of course excludes expansion teams and the Cleveland Browns

The 1992 season was the 1st in Mike Brown's tenure. Only the Detroit Lions (109) have fewer wins than the Bengals (112).

What is Detroit's playoff record during this time. I do not recall them making it at all. But we are talking almost 20 years, so I might be missing one.

I have been discussing this in another thread and I thought such futility deserves it's own threa. Here is what was said by me in the other thread. I'm mainly comparing records of other NFL franchises during the Mike Brown era.

Thanks for thread. HT and I kinda got it started in another thread. I knew Oakland was better. I don't think though, that I had really grasped the scope of the Bengals futility.