George Rogers Clark 27 Tates Creek 12

Eathan Curry suffered a knee injury and did not return to the game. Jonathan Metters of TC also left the game and did not return.

Mason Jones play was huge for the Cards tonight. He had 138 rushing yards and 2 Td's. GRC had 249 yards rushing and TC had 186 yards rushing.

Both TC and GRC are now 1-1 in district play. If GRC can get a win this week over Madison Central then it would give the Cards homefield advantage for the first round of the playoffs.

Great win CARDS!!!

I'd expect GRC to beat the Indians, so that would make it, 1. HC 2. GRC 3. TC 4. MC vs 1. Ryle 2. SK 3. Campbell 4. Conner. SK and Campbell play for the #2 seed this week, also the Camels play GRC in week #10 so they may play GRC in back to back games.

The Cardinals (4-4) got a big lift from the defensive unit and forced back-to-back turnovers in the opening half that resulted in a pair of scores. Clark added a pair of interceptions in the final two quarters and added one more score for the final margin.

However, it was Clark’s defense that set the tone with back-to-back turnovers in the first half.

Mark Davis recovered a fumble at the Tates Creek 13-yard line and the Cardinals capitalized three plays later when Andrew Dini connected on an 8-yard touchdown pass to Corey Rogers. On the ensuing kickoff, Kyle Wipert scooped up another fumble by the Commodores. This time, Jones single-handily carried the Cards into the end zone, collecting 21 yards on the short series. Jones capped the 30-yard drive with a 5-yard touchdown, pushing the margin to 14-0 with 10:42 remaining in the first half.

http://www.winchestersun.com/stories/2010/10/15/spo.199262.sto

Great win for the Cards last night. Mason Jones had an outstanding game! Lot's of good press in the Herald Leader too.

T/C had a lot of great plays, but the turnovers were just costly. They will rebound, and adjust.

GRC has got to get those penalties under control. I believe they were over 125 yrd in penalties (again)

Great win for the Cards last night. Mason Jones had an outstanding game! Lot's of good press in the Herald Leader too.

T/C had a lot of great plays, but the turnovers were just costly. They will rebound, and adjust.

GRC has got to get those penalties under control. I believe they were over 125 yrd in penalties (again)

How many penalities were called on the Cards? I know alot.

How many penalities were called on the Cards? I know alot.

I believe it was a total of 14 total. (+/- 1). Hopeing they work on these as they enter friday's game with Madison Central. Week after that will be a HUGE game in Campbell County.

I believe it was a total of 14 total. (+/- 1). Hopeing they work on these as they enter friday's game with Madison Central. Week after that will be a HUGE game in Campbell County.

Agree, but they can't over look Madison Central. Also agree on the penalities, they have to work on this.