Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

oldtime baller

Featured Replies

Sexton had a great Showcase 90mph and 2HR, heard he was by far the best overall player at the Showcase.

 

Were you there marley? Sounds like an impressive showing by Sexton. Should be an exciting year in NKY with players like Hempel, Laumann, Sexton and Teegarden in the running for POY IMHO.

should be exciting year in northern ky. Hempel will be a top player especially when he gets the football out of him. Teegarden a real good two way player. Same goes for Laumann on mound and at plate. He recently was in Ft. lauderdale for Midland redskins and Kansas City Royals scout team. Sexton also a good two way guy but he has never been 90 or even real close according to college coaches and scouts. What I have heard though, is that these are by far the best kids up here for next year.

should be exciting year in northern ky. Hempel will be a top player especially when he gets the football out of him. Teegarden a real good two way player. Same goes for Laumann on mound and at plate. He recently was in Ft. lauderdale for Midland redskins and Kansas City Royals scout team. Sexton also a good two way guy but he has never been 90 or even real close according to college coaches and scouts. What I have heard though, is that these are by far the best kids up here for next year.

 

It would be interesting to see what Hempel would have done in HS baseball if he had just played one sport. He should be interesting to watch this year. Also, Sexton is an 85-86 guy and hasn't touched 90 at any of the showcases. He was 83-85 in the KHSBCA Junior showcase in June and was slightly higher than that recently.

What I have heard though, is that these are by far the best kids up here for next year.

 

By far the best?

I think there are some other underclassmen (other than Teegarden) that will challenge what "you heard". Some who pitch and throw just as hard and some who hit just as well.

I do agree that it should be an exciting year in Northern Kentucky.

I havent been to any of the events Sexton has been at but I indeed did hear he was around 83-86 at the Junior All Star game. But I also heard when Morehead came to watch him this fall in a tournament he was around 89-90 and consistently around 86-87

Just going off of what the college coaches are saying Their info is usually the most accurate since their livlihood depends on it. Especially the in state guys from Morehead, EKU, WKU, Louisville, etc. They have to stay well connected with the in state kids with the new NCAA restrictions on scholarships.

Were you there marley? Sounds like an impressive showing by Sexton. Should be an exciting year in NKY with players like Hempel, Laumann, Sexton and Teegarden in the running for POY IMHO.
No I was not I was in Columbus for the Champions showcase but did talk to somebody I think would know. Good luck Tyler this weekend at Morehead.

I am very well connected to a couple D1 coaches here in Kentucky and I know for a fact that Sexton has hit 89. I witnessed it with my own eyes as a D1 coach had the gun.

Ive been on the other end of them picthes and I can tell you, he is one of the hardest thrower I have to catch.

Just going off of what the college coaches are saying Their info is usually the most accurate since their livlihood depends on it. Especially the in state guys from Morehead, EKU, WKU, Louisville, etc. They have to stay well connected with the in state kids with the new NCAA restrictions on scholarships.

How do you know all of these college coach's?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.