Purple Hangover?

theguru

The Purples gave up 27 to previously undefeated Grayson County which is a lot of points. How does Bowling Green hold the Mighty Green Machine to 14 points yet they give up 27 to the Cougars?

Is it a Purple Hangover like the Ravens had against the Bengals coming off a big Monday night win against the Jets or is it something else?

I think it is part Purple Hangover and part Grayson County. I think Grayson County was undefeated going into the game and while they aren't Trinity I think that BG was up for the Trinity game more than Grayson. Plus Trinity didn't have their starting qb for the BG game also. That has to play a role in 14 points for Trinity as well.

QB Hunter Gary did everything except pop the popcorn and flip the burgers!! He should be a candidate for BGP's All-Athlete team. The Purples gave everything they had in playing Trinity. The staff and the players at Trinity know that they were fortunate to come away with the win even though the numbers were overwhelmingly in favor of the Rocks. A FG would have won it...a 2pt conversion would have tied it and sent it into OT. The Purples were understandably down after the Trinity loss.

Grayson Co has a schedule that is not condusive to earning high rankings. But they do have an excellent coach who knows how to get his troops ready for a game. They have superb discipline. Their defense was unscored upon going into this game (they had only given up a safety going into this game), but the Purples hung 41 pts against them (34 by the offense). I think that AP had it right, although seventh was a little high...they should have been recognized anyway, and the fact that they faced down the mighty Purple machine and didn't blink should get some much needed recognition.

Trust me...the Purples will be just fine! Sic 'em, Purple!!

:D