Lexington Catholic names new coach

gamer31

Hellen Keller could coach this group to the final 16. Good for him; shame on the Administration for this embarrassing episode. If they were worried about Clary's affiliation with kentucky baseball club, then why hire another kbc coach with twenty fewer years of experience? This is almost as mind boggling as the Martin hiring, though somehow predictable. I wish this young man nothing but success....but wow, what a mess.

Hellen Keller could coach this group to the final 16. Good for him; shame on the Administration for this embarrassing episode. If they were worried about Clary's affiliation with kentucky baseball club, then why hire another kbc coach with twenty fewer years of experience? This is almost as mind boggling as the Martin hiring, though somehow predictable. I wish this young man nothing but success....but wow, what a mess.

You really think it is that easy to get out of the 11th?

You really think it is that easy to get out of the 11th?

To be honest, no. I am more reacting in a pessimistic manner to the whole situation. When the dust settles, the 11th will always be a dogfight, and this year will be no exception. Tates Creek and Lafayette could both make a big challenge for the title. Lex Cath though has a very legitimate shot no matter who the coach is. It all should be very interesting to see what the KIDS do on the field. After all, it's their game, not the coaches and most definitely not us armchair managers.

I think you can never underestimate the importance of a good coach.... talented players or not. With that said, I find this hiring interesting. Taylor is well known in the baseball community, not just with Clary. He has a very good baseball mind and was a good HS pitcher. His experience is rather lean to be a HS program head coach I think and the hire surprises me on that level. I wish the kid a lot of luck though and hope he does well!!