Boys' Regional Golf Qualifiers

Region 7 (Northern Kentucky) had their regional today. Congrats to Covington Catholic who claimed the regional championship.

Ryle and Cooper tied for 2nd and went into a play-off. Congratulations to Ryle who won on the 2nd playoff hole. This is the 8th year in a row that the Region will be represented by Ryle and CovCath.

Three guys then had a play-off for the final two individual qualifier spots. Congratulations to Adam Millson (Cooper), Austin Molen (Cooper) and Jason Rose (Dixie Heights) for making it through to State.

I believe there are a lot of fingernails on the course after the play-offs -- lots of nail biting moments.

CovCath claims Seventh Region title

Link

By Richard Skinner • Enquirer contributor • September 28, 2010

The bigger story from Tuesday's Seventh Region boys' golf tournament wasn't the fact that Covington Catholic ended a three-year drought by winning the title - it was the playoff that decided the runner-up.

:notworthy::notworthy: CovCath won its 35th regional title since 1967 :notworthy::notworthy: with a 317 at Boone Links Golf Course. Ryle and Cooper each fired a 321, and it took a two-hole playoff to decide which would be the region's other state tournament representative.

CovCath got a big performance from senior Joey Fredrick, who fired a 75 and placed second individually. Colonels sophomore Austin Beck was third with a 78.

For more of the article please click on the link above.

Outstanding job gentlemen and good luck in the State Tourney!

Congrats to all of these players and teams. I can remember some really good golfers that used to come out of Mason Co.

If KHSAA follows the same method for tee times as last year, I'm predicting that Ryle and Mason County boys will tee off together Friday a.m. Should be fun!