Monroe County 48 Adair County 0

mcpapa

Pretty easy one for the Falcons tonight. We got to see a lot of young players and the future of the Falcons looks favorable. MC could have put up an easy 75 but would never do that. Coach P called off the dogs early and we set cruise control. The young Falcons were playing hard and managed to put up some points themselves. We did see some massive hits that were felt in the stands. Tonight was Homecoming, which is a distraction to me, and the team stayed focused. I feel we still have a ways to go to get ready for district, but all in all we looked good tonight. Our backs are running good but the choice to call on our TB for short yardage still stumps a lot of us in the stands. He is a great outside speedster, but power runner he is not. Maybe a little more diversity in these situations is called for, but hey...I'm not the coach! Alls I do know is if we don't start getting the DL in the backfield to cause havoc this could turn into a dissapointing postseason...Good win Falcons, Keep up the good work!!!

My observations,

Great to see the defense get the shutout, even better that a large part of that credit goes to the JV who came in and held their own.

Sophomore class is loaded!

Another good game by QB Arnett, made some good throws and reads, needs to put a little more loft on those screen passes though...

Breakout game by Tanner Kendall, he's the best edge runner we have, but still not sure why he gets the ball at the 2 yard line between the tackles. I would love to see a goal line set (wishbone) of Vickery, Wilson and Shirley or even John Allen Yokley who had some monster blocks last night, I don't think that group could be denied 3+yards every time.

DE's are slowly coming around, a few blown assignments last night but seemed to get better as the game went own. When district play starts we will have to have our ends playing much better.

Kendall and London are great DB's, London provides great coverage and Kendall is in on every play that passes the line of scrimmage.