Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 8 Conner 1 (9th Region Finals)

Featured Replies

Final score.

 

Members of the All-Touenament Team:

 

Dixie Heights - Chelsea Dietz

NewCath - Liz Kroger

Highlands - Jenna Thiesen

St. Henry - Mamee Salzer and Jen Hoff

Holy Cross - Beth Winter and Brooke Crail

Conner - KC Straley, Kaitlynn Halcomb and Kaitlyn Williams

Ryle - Bella Steinle, Kate Rouse, Haylee Smith and Cassie Hamilton (MVP)

 

I'll have my thoughts on the game once I get back to my dorm. The wireless connection out here is non-existint so I'm posting this from my phone.

I guess that proves who is number 2. Congrats Ryle

F

St. Henry - Mamee Salzer and Jen Hoff

I'll have my thoughts on the game once I get back to my dorm. The wireless connection out here is non-existint so I'm posting this from my phone.

 

Congrats to Mamee. You could tell a few years ago when she was still in middle school that she had "it."

Statman-nobody from Holmes on the all-tourney team?

Congrats Cassie and Ryle!

  • Author

Yeah. Sorry about that...I was in a hurry to get that posted and must've overlooked that selection. My bad. Don't remember it right off hand though.

 

As far as the game itself, I thought Ryle looked like they wanted it more today as they were all business on the field (the Conner players and coaching staff seemed to be more worried about how loud the cheering section was from the bleachers) and were more aggressive at the plate. Each team had some shaky defense so I don't think that really played as much of a factor one way or the other.

 

Cassie Hamilton put an early dagger in the hearts of the Lady Cougars as she blasted a home run over the left-center field wall in the fourth to put the Lady Raiders up 3-1. Ryle would then tack on three more in the inning.

 

Congrats to BOTH teams on a well played tournament. I think I heard this was the fourth-consecutive year these two schools have met in the finals and with the young, but really good pitching for both, they could very easily be playing in the finals the next 5 years as well. This region is loaded with young pitching talent...seems like the transition from the slo-pitch game is starting to take a turn for the better for some of the schools.

 

Best of luck to the Ryle HS Lady Raiders at state!

Yeah. Sorry about that...I was in a hurry to get that posted and must've overlooked that selection. My bad. Don't remember it right off hand though.

 

As far as the game itself, I thought Ryle looked like they wanted it more today as they were all business on the field (the Conner players and coaching staff seemed to be more worried about how loud the cheering section was from the bleachers) and were more aggressive at the plate. Each team had some shaky defense so I don't think that really played as much of a factor one way or the other.

 

Cassie Hamilton put an early dagger in the hearts of the Lady Cougars as she blasted a home run over the left-center field wall in the fourth to put the Lady Raiders up 3-1. Ryle would then tack on three more in the inning.

 

Congrats to BOTH teams on a well played tournament. I think I heard this was the fourth-consecutive year these two schools have met in the finals and with the young, but really good pitching for both, they could very easily be playing in the finals the next 5 years as well. This region is loaded with young pitching talent...seems like the transition from the slo-pitch game is starting to take a turn for the better for some of the schools.

 

Best of luck to the Ryle HS Lady Raiders at state!

 

Best of luck Ryle down state, you guys defiantly earned it. I am still a little bitter that you were able to pull it out against my Indians but I will be pulling for you at State.

 

Kinda funning how Ryle's easiest game came in the finals. Both Highlands and Holy Cross both had them on the ropes.

Guess the pitch count thingee didn't help the Lady Indians

Yeah. Sorry about that...I was in a hurry to get that posted and must've overlooked that selection. My bad. Don't remember it right off hand though.

 

As far as the game itself, I thought Ryle looked like they wanted it more today as they were all business on the field (the Conner players and coaching staff seemed to be more worried about how loud the cheering section was from the bleachers) and were more aggressive at the plate. Each team had some shaky defense so I don't think that really played as much of a factor one way or the other.

 

Cassie Hamilton put an early dagger in the hearts of the Lady Cougars as she blasted a home run over the left-center field wall in the fourth to put the Lady Raiders up 3-1. Ryle would then tack on three more in the inning.

 

Congrats to BOTH teams on a well played tournament. I think I heard this was the fourth-consecutive year these two schools have met in the finals and with the young, but really good pitching for both, they could very easily be playing in the finals the next 5 years as well. This region is loaded with young pitching talent...seems like the transition from the slo-pitch game is starting to take a turn for the better for some of the schools.

 

Best of luck to the Ryle HS Lady Raiders at state!

 

No problem statman. Thanks for the report. Congrats Ryle and good luck at state!

Congrats to the Lady Raiders on taking back the 9th region crown. Get that mojo going at State. Good season to the Cougars!

They have tough draw down there with a Louisville team

  • Author

Pleasure Ridge Park looks to be a better draw than you would think...considering they are a Louisville school. The 6th Region really isn't that strong in softball.

They have like 16 losses but played pretty tough schedule it seems.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.