Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison County 6 George Rogers Clark 3

Featured Replies

I'll let one of Harrison Co. folks tell the story.

 

I actually played in this game and I'm having trouble recalling the exact details and why you're bringing it up.

I actually played in this game and I'm having trouble recalling the exact details and why you're bringing it up.

 

He brought it up because you were questioning the antics of Coach W. While Coach W is extreme, he has never done anything like what was executed in that particular game.

He brought it up because you were questioning the antics of Coach W. While Coach W is extreme, he has never done anything like what was executed in that particular game.

 

Again, can you remind me? A pm would be fine as well.

He brought it up because you were questioning the antics of Coach W. While Coach W is extreme, he has never done anything like what was executed in that particular game.

 

And honestly, I wasn't questioning Coach W's antics. I was questioning the integrity of such officials to give into a coach just because of who it was.

He brought it up because you were questioning the antics of Coach W. While Coach W is extreme, he has never done anything like what was executed in that particular game.

 

Thank you Thorobred.

from my understanding of what i was told..... the first baseman bobbled the the ball which pulled him off the bag.....so Mac went to the first base umpire and asked him to check with the plate umpire and they got together and reversed the call.....so ultimately they got the call right and that is what umpiring baseball is all about..... and while some coaches field antics are different than others I dont think your veteran officials are scared of Mac and I know for a fact the plate umpire is a veteran official..... so I dont understand why people want to criticize.....if you think you can do a better job of caoching or umpiring then have at it....

from my understanding of what i was told..... the first baseman bobbled the the ball which pulled him off the bag.....so Mac went to the first base umpire and asked him to check with the plate umpire and they got together and reversed the call.....so ultimately they got the call right and that is what umpiring baseball is all about..... and while some coaches field antics are different than others I dont think your veteran officials are scared of Mac and I know for a fact the plate umpire is a veteran official..... so I dont understand why people want to criticize.....if you think you can do a better job of caoching or umpiring then have at it....

 

You can spin it however which way you'd like to, that's your opinion. My opinion is the call was reversed because of who was arguing it. Not sure how a bobble of the ball would in fact pull him off the bag but from my view their was no bobble.

 

As far as criticism goes, umpires are fair game. If I don't do my job correctly, I get criticized. I'm sure you would as well just like anybody else. Umpires are no different and I felt they didn't do their job on that call... If they can't take criticism then don't do it.

 

All in all though its a pretty meaningless call in a pretty meaningless game...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.