Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 8 Covington Catholic 3

Featured Replies

Dixie 8 Covington Catholic 3

 

It was a very nice pregame ceremony Coach Maxwell had for the family of the young Dixie grad who died in the boating accident. Really brought out to everybody who was there what is and isn't so important in our lives. I really liked how the Dixie Public Address Announcer, announced the young man as the next batter in the inning. I am sure his family appreciated the love that both the CovCath and Dixie fans showed toward their son tonight in giving them/their son, a standing ovation.

 

Nice job Dixie!

  • Author

Sorry but I won't be posting anything else on the game tonight nor on Saturday, as I have to get to bed as I am leaving for Illinois at 4am and I have to get some sleep prior to driving to Golconda.

 

Please understand this is my family and they have to come first!

 

Congrats to Dixie on the victory! Good luck against Male on Saturday!

The highlight of the night was the pregame ceremony. Hats off to the Dixie community and to Coach Max.

Strong fastball performance by Smallwood. However, I'm questioning his ability to get D1 batters out without aid of second pitch. I believe he threw one non-fastball through the first four innings.

First off the ceremony that Max and Mr. Cahill (the PA announcer) put together was absolutely awesome. The Thomas family loved it and so did everyone who knew Brennan. Just perfect.

 

As for Smallwood Clyde Brice has a second and third pitch. He just doesn't use them when they are not needed. I believe he was probably throwing fastball-changeup combination in those four innings you alluded to.

 

Great win for the Red Colonels. Wish I had stats to give but I spent a lot of time in the stands hanging out with friends from high school and not in the dugout. I do know Sexton had a 3-run HR in the bottom of the 1st. Brueggeman (sp) started for Cov Cath and went 1 giving up 3 R. Klein came in and pitched the next few. I can't remember if he finished it or not.

A real nice win for Dixie as the bats come alive against CovCath after going silent the night before. Smallwood pitched well and Sexton's 3 run shot IMO really got things going.

Strong fastball performance by Smallwood. However, I'm questioning his ability to get D1 batters out without aid of second pitch. I believe he threw one non-fastball through the first four innings.

Valid point. I've heard that brought up before. He may not need to throw it against high schoolers but it will certainly be needed in college.

First off the ceremony that Max and Mr. Cahill (the PA announcer) put together was absolutely awesome. The Thomas family loved it and so did everyone who knew Brennan. Just perfect.

 

As for Smallwood Clyde Brice has a second and third pitch. He just doesn't use them when they are not needed. I believe he was probably throwing fastball-changeup combination in those four innings you alluded to.

 

Great win for the Red Colonels. Wish I had stats to give but I spent a lot of time in the stands hanging out with friends from high school and not in the dugout. I do know Sexton had a 3-run HR in the bottom of the 1st. Brueggeman (sp) started for Cov Cath and went 1 giving up 3 R. Klein came in and pitched the next few. I can't remember if he finished it or not.

 

:thumb:

  • Author

CovCath pitching:

 

Brueggman (L) 1 inning 7 PA 2 hits 3 runs 3 earned runs 1 walk and 1 HR

Klein 4 innings 19 PA 9 hits 5 runs 5 earmed runs

Shumate 1 inning 3 PA 0 runs 2 K's

 

CovCath hitting:

 

Reese 4 PA 1 run 1 hit 1 walk and 1 K

Warning 4 PA 1 run 1 walk 1 K 1 sac bunt and 1 reached base via E-5

Klein 4 PA 1 hit 1 rbi 1 SF and reached base via E-8

Nienaber CR 4th inning

Stayton 4 PA 1 run 2 hits 1 rbi 1 walk and 1 K

Lankheit 4 PA and 3 K's

Gerwe 3 PA 1 hit 1 rbi 1 K and 1 fc

Martin 3 PA and 1 hit

Siemer 3 PA and 2 K's

Stein 1 PA and 1 K

Grosser PH 1 PA and 1 K

Severson PH 1 PA and 1 K

 

CovCath record now stands at 21-12 and will play next at Bishop Brossart on Wednesday May 19th at Bishop Brossart.

Edited by Theoldguy

A real nice win for Dixie as the bats come alive against CovCath after going silent the night before. Smallwood pitched well and Sexton's 3 run shot IMO really got things going.

 

It seems like after he hit that all the Dixie players and fans really got excited about the game. It was so early in the game that I dont want to call it a momentum shift but it surely does seem as if Cov Cath had the momentum before his homerun.

Why did Brueggs get yanked so early?

  • Author

Clyde

 

The only person to answer your question is Krumps.

It seems like after he hit that all the Dixie players and fans really got excited about the game. It was so early in the game that I dont want to call it a momentum shift but it surely does seem as if Cov Cath had the momentum before his homerun.

 

Well, it sure did give Dixie a boost and a lead which IMO is instrumental in beating Covcath.......it minimizes CovCath's favorite weapon when they have to come from behind.

Maybe the 3 earned runs in the first.

 

If it was the 9th region championship, I'm right there with Coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.