Newport Central Catholic 2 Dixie Heights 1

Great pitching duel between Jake Cain of NCC and Brett Stansberry of Dixie. Jake Cain went 5 complete innings only giving up 1 earned run. Brett Stansbery was one out away from a complete game shut out but young Mr. Hightchiew had something to say about that. Brady with men on 1st and 2nd and 2 outs hits a double down the left field line to win. Congrats Brady! By the way I wasnt at the game today but I was filled in by the Hightchiews and Grays from NCC as they are good family friends. So if i got something wrong on here then its not my fault :thumb::D

I wouldn't doubt it, the kid was throwing HARD! Probably the hardest thrower in the 9th. He needs to work on control though.

I would say the only ones that would contend with that is Smallwood and Sexton from Dixie. Also Roenker when he's at full strength throws hard.

Congrats to the Breds on what sounds like an exciting comeback victory. Nice article in the Enquirer today about Highchew and company too. All of the kids mentioned are all great athletes from great families. Good to see them succeed in their HS endeavors.

I would say the only ones that would contend with that is Smallwood and Sexton from Dixie. Also Roenker when he's at full strength throws hard.

Have not seen Sexton. Smallwood may throw that hard. Roenker may hit it two or three times per game. However both Smallwood and Roenker both throw with a little more control.