Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 68 Bellevue 27

Featured Replies

I agree with you totally, I just didn't think that Courtney player as well for these 3 days as she normally does.

 

Agreed, NCC does a good job at playing as a team, in most games you could pull the MVP out of a hat.....

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC balance is what makes them such a fine team. They have 5-6 players that can score double figures on any given night.

 

Congrats to Brittany, she works as hard as any player in the region!

Is it really all about scoring??? I guess we are teaching our daughter in middle school all wrong when running the point.

 

Some look too much at scoring. Some do not. In the 37th district tournament, Nicloe Ridder made the all tournament team with a total of 4 point in the tournament.

 

What she did do, was guard Peters the first night and Tibbs the second night. She worked extreemely hard and made both of these big, strong players earn every one of their points. She definately belonged on the all tournay team!

Is it really all about scoring??? I guess we are teaching our daughter in middle school all wrong when running the point.

 

Point guards rarely get the recognition they deserve.

Point guards rarely get the recognition they deserve.

 

Court gets her share of all tourney teams and quite a few MVPs. She was MVP of the "ALL A" state tourney and averaged 8pts. Some people are intelligent enough to know what wins games and Court bring that to every game. I'm sure she was happy for her other teammates that got recognized.

Court gets her share of all tourney teams and quite a few MVPs. She was MVP of the "ALL A" state tourney and averaged 8pts. Some people are intelligent enough to know what wins games and Court bring that to every game. I'm sure she was happy for her other teammates that got recognized.

 

I am sure Sandfoss has plenty of awards (much deserving). My point is that I have never opened a newspaper and the headlines were "whoever leads her team to victory with 10 assists and 5 steals".

Point guards rarely get the recognition they deserve.

 

But they are the engine that drives the train.

But they are the engine that drives the train.

 

Agreed!

  • Author
Court gets her share of all tourney teams and quite a few MVPs. She was MVP of the "ALL A" state tourney and averaged 8pts. Some people are intelligent enough to know what wins games and Court bring that to every game. I'm sure she was happy for her other teammates that got recognized.

 

I am sure she was happy she does not strike me as a selfish player. I was just taken back. Congratulations to NCC.

:

Knowing the quality of person she is I am sure she has no problem with that at all.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Courtney did not play great in this tournament she had 5 in the opener, 9 against HHS, and not sure how many tonight but not that many. I know that she is the leader for this team but there were 3 girls that played better than her over the 3 days and you can't select everyone.

 

13pts.:jump:

Is it really all about scoring??? I guess we are teaching our daughter in middle school all wrong when running the point.

 

:thumb:

:thumb:

Agreed, NCC does a good job at playing as a team, in most games you could pull the MVP out of a hat.....

 

:thumb:

The Breds have several offense threats, that is what makes them the team they are today. Congrats to the Breds and the All Tourney Team, well deserved!:dancingpa

But they are the engine that drives the train.

 

Yep...and when she came out of the game against HHS...they immediately put on the pressure and NCC was in trouble...she has to come right back in to settle things down. Those things never get measured in a box score.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.