Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Job Openings

Featured Replies

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KHSAA website has an "open jobs" link that is reliable.

Some who post info on here from a 'source' don't always have the most accurate information.

One thing about high school jobs these days, once it starts going down hill, its like trying to stop a train. Some coaches can overcome bad seasons some can't. My comment on Dunbars job reflects a need to get back to what foundation the program was built on by Watson. There is no connection to the past. You used to see former players coming to practice and games, helping out training over the summer, you do not see that anymore. The keys to winning in Lexington are how well you mesh the feeders together and how much interest do feeder kids have in the program(so they don't leave). They need a return to that tradition. Possibly a former player or ASSISTANT, that could do it.

Coly sounds like you want the job? Or know the solution to the problem. I'm glad you have a inside to the problem at Dunbar.

Regardless of whether Coly wants the job or not there is definitely a problem at Dunbar. No insight needed to determine that out of 2,112 students that attend the school that they can't do better then a 3-22 record. I know they have a tough district and a tough region but...WOW!

Marion Co. is posted as open. Are there any more Elton and Marlis Scott's coming up through the ranks there?

 

No.:sssh:

Seneca is posted as open

 

Steve Sergeant is moving to Owensboro,Ky. where his wife is getting a better job opportunity.He has done a good job there getting them ranked in the top 10 statewide this year.I believe that type of ranking at Seneca will be very hard to maintain for the new coaching staff.

I would rather pay my money to coach from the stands these days than to get paid a small amount to acquire head aches, sleepless nights, and high blood pressure. It is just bad to see a tradition rich program(including Coach Roachs' Dunbar) drop so far. As far as the fix, there are many that would get the job done based on experience, resume, but will they reach out to all of the former players that have been left out. Sure there is someone that I would like to see back but we'll let that dog stay down for now.

I believe the answer to Dunbar lies in Frankfort.

 

Are you talking about the answer being Coach Wise from Frankfort High or Chalk from Franklin County???

Why is it that the football team has only one 3 games in the past 3 years? Is it that they have to many kids to be good or is it the coaching at all levels?

Regardless of whether Coly wants the job or not there is definitely a problem at Dunbar. No insight needed to determine that out of 2,112 students that attend the school that they can't do better then a 3-22 record. I know they have a tough district and a tough region but...WOW!

 

Champ Ligon had Bryan Station beat Dunbar something like 17 straight times. Maybe that's your answer right there. Or would that be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire?

So no other schools in the city graduate players? Dunbar through Watson and Oakley graduated players, some classes big, but they didn't follow that up with a 3 win season. That is an easy excuse for covering up the fact that you have not built a solid program. A senior class of 6 should not have prevented the others from getting experience.

 

I don't know any details about the Dunbar situation, but I do know that one person alone does not build a program. From what I have witnessed the coach at Dunbar is very good. His kids seem to play hard, and he is a good bench coach as well in my opinion.

 

Maybe the problem is he doesn't have unified support from boosters, or "soldiers" in the system that help with the younger kids and the feeder system. I do know that this type of support is what makes programs successful. Ask Lexington Catholic.

 

Maybe the problem is he doesn't have unified support from boosters, or "soldiers" in the system that help with the younger kids and the feeder system. I do know that this type of support is what makes programs successful. Ask Lexington Catholic.

 

My point exactly. If you want to build a program that endures you have to take the time to reach out to any parties that can help. I know this hasn't been done and that is why they have gone through a tough season with young inexperienced players. If its done by the present coach things will change but I ask why it hasn't been done in his time there?

To answer the question of a new coach, I stated that it would be nice to have someone that had ties to the program and understands what it has lost.

I don't know any details about the Dunbar situation, but I do know that one person alone does not build a program. From what I have witnessed the coach at Dunbar is very good. His kids seem to play hard, and he is a good bench coach as well in my opinion.

 

Maybe the problem is he doesn't have unified support from boosters, or "soldiers" in the system that help with the younger kids and the feeder system. I do know that this type of support is what makes programs successful. Ask Lexington Catholic.

 

That one person does schedule tho :lol: Schedule more wins if you're gonna be bad! Maybe something to think about as he does the scheduling :banana:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.