Newport 52 Bishop Brossart 43

Newport 52 Bishop Brossart 43

Newport 17 7 6 22 52

Bishop Brossart 6 12 10 15 43

Newport (24-4) -- Sizemore 9, Tucker 7, Luther 7, McDaniel 15, Foster 12, Collins 2.

Bishop Brossart (17-5) -- Armstrong 16, Fardo 2, Norton 4, Rieger 15, Saunders 6.

Nice win for the Wildcats on the road. A win tomorrow night and they wrap up their regular season at 25 and 4. That's a very respectable record for the men from Newport.

Im glad to see someone take notice of Newport. They are IMO at least the second best team in the 9th region and to have them ranked 4th in NKY is unbelievable. They have beat the two teams in front of them in Boone County and Newport Central Catholic.

Im glad to see someone take notice of Newport. They are IMO at least the second best team in the 9th region and to have them ranked 4th in NKY is unbelievable. They have beat the two teams in front of them in Boone County and Newport Central Catholic.

They also lost to NCC and convincingly to Holmes twice where NCC and Boone gave Holmes a good game. It really doens't matter what your rated however, it only matters what happens starting next week.

I guess we will just have to wait until districts and regionals to see who is going to be the team to win the bigger games... I think Newport is better than Boone, but I think NCC is better than Newport. Don't forget NCC has beaten them once. They split. when Newprt beat NCC, NCC had their worst shooting performance. I can't see that happening again. But that is why they play the game!

Solid season for Brossart, who should take the 37th.

As much I like people believing in Brossart, do not forget about Scott who has been playing absolutely great as of late. Scott, Brossart, and even Campbell has a chance to win the 37th on any given night.

I guess we will just have to wait until districts and regionals to see who is going to be the team to win the bigger games... I think Newport is better than Boone, but I think NCC is better than Newport. Don't forget NCC has beaten them once. They split. when Newprt beat NCC, NCC had their worst shooting performance. I can't see that happening again. But that is why they play the game!

Yes they split the two games and in the first game Newport didnt shoot well either. We will just have to agree to disagree then. It will be decided in the district if NCC can get by Highlands first and then play Newport in the championship.

They also lost to NCC and convincingly to Holmes twice where NCC and Boone gave Holmes a good game. It really doens't matter what your rated however, it only matters what happens starting next week.

What do you get from playing Holmes close. Lets see the same thing Newport did a loss. Like i said IMO i think Newport is better than NCC and Boone County.