Pike County schools.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one should be the best this season?

Will that team have a shot at making in to Lexington?

Legitimately only Pikeville has a shot as far as Pike County schools. The 15th region as a whole was hit extremely hard by graduation. The 15th region must play the 16th region in sectional play this year, which means more than likely going up against the defending final four team of Boyd Co . I feel it will be a tall task for any 15th region team to step onto the field at Applebees this year.

Pikeville will have good pitching and great coaching as normal. I think they will be the team to beat in the 15th region again this year but the 2 Johnson County schools will once again be tough as will the new team in the 15th region Lawrence County. Pikeville should be by far the best team in Pike County.

How much did Pikeville lose ? Are they the favorites to win the 15th All A again this year.? I know they will have to come and play at the 16th this year.

Pikeville lost 7 seniors last year and i would assume they are the favorites since they are the defending champs of the 15th region...Although keeps your eyes open for a young Allen Central team and two talented teams in Paintsville and Johnson Central

Pikeville will obviously be the #1 team not only in Pike County, but in the 15th Region as well. Yes, they were hit hard by graduation, but Coach Lawson is an excellent coahc and he will have his Panthers fighting for their 2nd straight Regional Title.

Coach Lawson has built the best baseball program east of Lexington, besides Boyd County, IMO. 4 region titles for Coach Lawson allready in his 7 years as head coach of Pikeville High School is pretty impressive and even though this year may be a somewhat down year I look for Coach Lawson to win many region titles in the future....there is a lot of young talent at Pikeville High right now.

Coach Lawson has built the best baseball program east of Lexington, besides Boyd County, IMO. 4 region titles for Coach Lawson allready in his 7 years as head coach of Pikeville High School is pretty impressive and even though this year may be a somewhat down year I look for Coach Lawson to win many region titles in the future....there is a lot of young talent at Pikeville High right now.

How young are you talkin?

Who built the program????

You might want to thank the ones that built the Pikeville baseball program into what it is and hands it it over to Lawson yearly. If you want to say that Pikeville has had some very talented players that Lawson has coached , I'll go along with that 100%, but you need to thank the people that got the players ready when they show up on Feb. 15th., because without them you would not be showering Lawson with the praise that you are.

Who built the program????

You might want to thank the ones that built the Pikeville baseball program into what it is and hands it it over to Lawson yearly. If you want to say that Pikeville has had some very talented players that Lawson has coached , I'll go along with that 100%, but you need to thank the people that got the players ready when they show up on Feb. 15th., because without them you would not be showering Lawson with the praise that you are.

I agree totally and should have added that in. First Coach Thomas did a great job in the early and mid 90s in actually turning the program into a consistent winner...I dont think they had ever won the 15th Region until 1991. The parents, Buckmaster on here and a few more do a great job of getting the kids game experiece during the fall and the Pikeville little and senior leagues do a great job of teaching the fundamentals to the kids at a early age. Coach Lawson is the perfect coach at Pikeville now. He did step into maybe the most talent at Pikeville at one time ever as far as baseball in 98 and 99 and was able to win 2 region titles in his first 2 years and I agree he has had a lot of great talent since then but he is a great coach and he is running a great program right now at Pikeville High School.