Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCreary Central/Scott County

Featured Replies

Was this game canceled or postponed?

 

Yes McCreary Central a no show. They were even offered hotel rooms on friday and Dinner?

Yes McCreary Central a no show. They were even offered hotel rooms on friday and Dinner?

 

I think the weather is really bad in southern Kentucky.

Yes McCreary Central a no show. They were even offered hotel rooms on friday and Dinner?

I would not call it a no show. The weather and road conditions got bad quick here on friday afternoon. I do not think it is worth risking the safety of players for a ballgame, even if the host team offers hotel rooms and dinner.

  • Author

I don't think the administration would allow them to go.

 

They had difficulty getting students home from school on Friday, and from what I've heard, there were a few accidents.

Yes McCreary Central a no show. They were even offered hotel rooms on friday and Dinner?

 

Just to let you know that all sport trips were called off due to weather. Girls B-ball and wrestling was called off. The wrestling team was scheduled to leave Friday right after school and their rooms were paid for as well. The superintendant and the director of the bus garage made the right call in canceling these trips as the weather here was very bad and with the sfety of the children in mind the correct call was made. This basketball game can always be played at a different time and I am sure it will be.

I don't think the administration would allow them to go.

 

They had difficulty getting students home from school on Friday, and from what I've heard, there were a few accidents.

 

It's amazing how much different the weather was in such a short distance. By all accounts it was awful in Somerset/London/McCreary County, but it wasn't bad at all around Lexington - at least early on. I think that's why the Scott County people likely had a hard time understanding the cancellation.

It wasn't awful in Somerset:)

I can tell you that one of the McCreary Central assistant principals was hit head-on in a weather related accident just about a mile or so from the school as he was trying to make his home Friday afternoon around 4:00--4:15 or so......

 

YOU TELL ME

I can tell you that one of the McCreary Central assistant principals was hit head-on in a weather related accident just about a mile or so from the school as he was trying to make his home Friday afternoon around 4:00--4:15 or so......

 

YOU TELL ME

 

I heard reports that there was 4-5 inches:isurrender: in Whitley City but just in Burnside you could barely tell that it snowed at all. Strange indeed.:scared:

I know this is hard to believe, but sometimes (sometimes, mind you) safety trumps the playing of a high school basketball game. Perhaps if the visitors were offered safe passage along with food and lodging?

 

Does anyone know the answer to the original question (cancelled or only postponed)?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.