Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 57 Covington Holy Cross 42

Featured Replies

Hate to see a player leave in mid season... You don't have to be happy with how it goes, but most deficately should stick it out...

 

I don't know the situation, but I'll tell you my rule (as it applies to my kids): If you start it you finish it. It's not about the coach or yourself, it's about the 15 other players you let down.

 

This is the fourth instance (at three different schools) over the last two seasons. Obviously there is a problem, but I think it goes deeper than the program... I'd look at the parents....

Hate to see a player leave in mid season... You don't have to be happy with how it goes, but most deficately should stick it out...

 

I don't know the situation, but I'll tell you my rule (as it applies to my kids): If you start it you finish it. It's not about the coach or yourself, it's about the 15 other players you let down.

 

This is the fourth instance (at three different schools) over the last two seasons. Obviously there is a problem, but I think it goes deeper than the program... I'd look at the parents....

 

Or maybe the kid just got tired of the coaches crap. It happens.

So effort in practice must mean more than effort in games.

 

Not necessarily. Hate to use the old cliche but you play how you pracitice. Maybe Egan's lack of effort in practice would have caught up to him. And practice is where you get better, so if your not trying in practice your not trying to get better.

Not necessarily. Hate to use the old cliche but you play how you pracitice. Maybe Egan's lack of effort in practice would have caught up to him. And practice is where you get better, so if your not trying in practice your not trying to get better.

 

I think it goes further. My role in HS Bball was to get beat on... I didn't play many minutes, but in practice, I had to make the rest of the team better!

 

(Please understand that I have no idea other than this thread about Egan).

 

If any player doesn't give it 100% in practice, it WILL bring down the entire team. If a player is disciplined for any other reasons and uses the, "I'll just quit" card, the coach must take action...

 

I'd like to know detail, but this is between Coach Goetz and the young man.

I think it goes further. My role in HS Bball was to get beat on... I didn't play many minutes, but in practice, I had to make the rest of the team better!

 

(Please understand that I have no idea other than this thread about Egan).

 

If any player doesn't give it 100% in practice, it WILL bring down the entire team. If a player is disciplined for any other reasons and uses the, "I'll just quit" card, the coach must take action...

 

I'd like to know detail, but this is between Coach Goetz and the young man.

 

You're right. But I can't help but to wonder if maybe his lack of playing time against Scott contributed to this decision. Like 4pointplay said Egan was on track to go to Scott for HS. So it's understandable that Egan would want to get out there and play against his boys and former teammates. If I'm in his position I'd be pretty angered right now too but I don't think quitting is the right thing to do.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.