Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing In a Different Division

Featured Replies

I know that Highlands plays up a division or two. Are there any teams that play down a division? Are there teams that for one circumstance or another should be playing down or up that are not? Should the KHSAA even alow playing in a different division?

I think that Highlands does this because of travel. There are alot more schools that are 5A in there area and would abe alot less travel as well as good competition.

I know that Highlands plays up a division or two. Are there any teams that play down a division? Are there teams that for one circumstance or another should be playing down or up that are not? Should the KHSAA even alow playing in a different division?

 

To my knowledge the KHSAA does NOT allow any team to "play down" in classification once the realignment year has come. The only exceptions are when a school consolidates (see Mercer or Harlan County) the year before reclassification.

To my knowledge the KHSAA does NOT allow any team to "play down" in classification once the realignment year has come. The only exceptions are when a school consolidates (see Mercer or Harlan County) the year before reclassification.

 

You are right Hatz you can't play down. There are a few who play up though.

I believe Somerset and Cov. Cath. were playing up as well.

I believe Somerset and Cov. Cath. were playing up as well.

 

I think so too. There maybe someone else but I am not for sure.

Russellville plays up due to travel. I think maybe 100 miles or so to nearset team in 1A that they would play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.