Questions on Betsy Layne players

Bill has received letters from Kentucky, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Maimi(Ohio) not sure if they are division 1.

A lot of college, universities, etc., mass mail letters, so they do not mean much. Unofficial visits do not mean much of anything either. Has he gotten phone calls from coaches, had an in-home visit from coaches, made any official visits (official visit period just started a couple of weeks ago) or gotten any scholarship offers?

There is no way a BL player is D1 caliber. If so, the rest of the team must be terrible. How can a team go 0-10 and be watched by D-1 teams. I hear that BL will not have football next year, any truth in that? If they would have kept all the players they lost to other schools in recent years maybe they could have competed this year. Its a shame that several good players transferred because of the lack of coaching and administrative support at that school.

I think his g.p.a.+his a.c.t.+ his weight lifting is causing some D1 schools to be interested. I dont thing Bill is ready for the D1 but hopefully by the end of the season he will go somewhere.

Is Pikeville College showing any interest in him? I would think the hometown school would be after him if he can play college ball...hopefully he will get a chance to play somewhere at the next level.

Until BL gets serious about football, there will never be a team on the hill. If BL would have shown interest in the program, they wouldn't have lost so many talented players in the last few years. The Honaker twins to Pikeville, Hamilton to Pike Central, Two Hamiltons to P-Burg, the Rice brothers to Southwestern, and Williams to P-Burg. There could be others, I'm not sure. I do know those players could have really helped BL. What caused these players to leave? Any help, Betsy Layne fan? I have heard reasons why, but would like to know for sure.

I'm telling you......the administration is horrible support for the football team. What little politics BL has, is for Basketball. They haven't been serious about football since the mid 90's. If they were serious about football I know one individual that would love to come back and coach. And this guy has college coaching experience!

Sportster, They had a dedicated coach at BL two years ago that was knowledgable and had a little spark about him. If BL administration was halfway smart they would have kept him. Instead they pink sliped him after one year. It put a bad taste in his mouth about the game....I think he coached one more year somewhere else and now I don't think he coaching anymore. BL went on and gave the head coaching position to someone that never played or has an interest about the game....just did it because no one else would. They ended up going 4-6 because the hard work that done the year before. Now it's back on the original path of mediocrity. To be honest, I much rather the administration put down the program instead of making it suffer.

Blackshirt, I agree with you totally. Would P-burg have accepted a coach just because he was there. NO!!! There would have been a statewide coach if P-burg needed one, instead BL accepts a guy who has no football knowledge, just because his salary is paid by the federal gov't and he comes cheap. Sometimes you get what you pay for. It's time for BL to put up or shut down. Get behind the program with a new coaching staff and try to salvage what is left and go from there. Or just end the program and let everyone out of their misery.